PDA

View Full Version : L&H Style A

Eddie Sheehy
Oct-27-2008, 11:19pm
I couldn't resist.....

Stephen Lind
Oct-27-2008, 11:32pm
Beautiful!
are you gonna' buy that tailpiece cover in the classifieds for her?

Eddie Sheehy
Oct-28-2008, 1:57am
That's an interesting point. The ad in the classifieds said "looking for a good home". It also said looking for trades for mandolin parts etc. I emailed with the seller. Apparently he was "phishing" for offers to gauge the possible maximum selling price - cash. He emailed me that he had a firm offer for $250 and a tentative offer for $300 from the Classifieds. So he kept the ad in the Classifieds, and put it on EBAY with a reserve of - $300. Not the use of the Classifieds that I support. I guarantee you that tailpiece will never grace my mandolin, and I hope that a moderator reads this post.

JEStanek
Oct-28-2008, 7:51am
Eddie that's a good deal on that L&H. I grew up in Lynchburg, VA and knew of the Oppleman pawn shop and family. If it's in as good a shape as it appears you got a good deal! I was watching that auction to see how high it went (was never gonna bid). I love the L&H shape.

RE: the tailpiece. I've let Scott know about the duplicate sale locations.

Jamie

Payit Forward
Oct-28-2008, 8:17am
Now that is a fine mandolin! The Style-A is the definition of class.

Stephen Lind
Oct-28-2008, 1:39pm
That's an interesting point. The ad in the classifieds said "looking for a good home". It also said looking for trades for mandolin parts etc. I emailed with the seller. Apparently he was "phishing" for offers to gauge the possible maximum selling price - cash. He emailed me that he had a firm offer for $250 and a tentative offer for $300 from the Classifieds. So he kept the ad in the Classifieds, and put it on EBAY with a reserve of - $300. Not the use of the Classifieds that I support. I guarantee you that tailpiece will never grace my mandolin, and I hope that a moderator reads this post.

i agree 100% Eddie

squirrelabama
Oct-28-2008, 1:46pm
the seller of the tail piece is in the real estate biz....."multiple listings" ?? ok, bad joke, sorry =;)

JEStanek
Oct-28-2008, 2:24pm
The duplicate ad has been removed. Let's not worry about the tailpiece, rather, let us bask in the reflected glow of Eddie and his sweet new L&H. Let us know how it sounds once you get it.
Jamie