PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy's Music 2-Point Mandolin

Walt Kuhlman
Oct-27-2008, 7:27pm
This year has been one of adding different body styles to our line of mando's and the 2-point is the latest.

Top: Sitka Spruce
Back and sides: Curly Maple
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Ebony
Binding: Walnut
Pick guard: Maple
Bridge: adjustable Ebony
Tailpiece: Nickel-plated cast brass
Tuners: Grover mini-tuners
Nut: bone
Scale: 13 7/8"
Neck at nut: 1 1/4"
Body joint: 14th fret 1 3/4"

I'm quite pleased with both the volume and projection, it's very loud and the bass is solid and strong. I have quite an induced arch on both the top and back, which helps the aforementioned.

Walt

Mike Bunting
Oct-27-2008, 7:58pm
This sounds like an ad.

Walt Kuhlman
Oct-27-2008, 8:25pm
Mike,
In the past when I have posted photos of something new I have been asked questions regarding the body, scale, tone, volume. This posting is an effort to address the most frequently asked, and to stimulate conversation in a positive and productive manner, nothing more.

Walt

JEStanek
Oct-27-2008, 10:14pm
I don't see it as a blatant ad. It doesn't have a price or a contact me for info... It's not even obvious that it is for sale... Many of our builders post their works as they develop their lines.

Jamie

Eddie Sheehy
Oct-27-2008, 11:15pm
I think it's a cool piece of eye-candy. As the owner of several of Walt's instruments, I look forward to see his latest developments. Keep it up Walt!

sgarrity
Oct-28-2008, 7:12am
I got to play a Gypsy octave mandolin this weekend and now I have OMAS. Very nicely made and sounded great! Please continue to post your new designs here. I enjoy seeing what builders are coming up with.

Jim MacDaniel
Oct-28-2008, 10:29am
Nice work Walt.

(BTW, it appears that it might be able to fit in a standard mandolin case; is this so?)

Walt Kuhlman
Oct-28-2008, 5:20pm
Nice work Walt.

(BTW, it appears that it might be able to fit in a standard mandolin case; is this so?)

Thanks Jim,
Yes, it does fit in a standard mandolin case.
Walt