PDA

View Full Version : How to post a link?

Dan Cohen
Oct-22-2008, 12:54pm
Some "experts" here post links and have changed the appearance. For example I would post www.mandolinbeautifulmuxicinthemeadow.com. But I'd like the link to appear as "Meadow Music". How is this done?

jefflester
Oct-22-2008, 1:10pm
Some "experts" here post links and have changed the appearance. For example I would post www.mandolinbeautifulmuxicinthemeadow.com. But I'd like the link to appear as "Meadow Music". How is this done?

Meadow Music (www.mandolinbeautifulmuxicinthemeadow.com)

Click on "Quote" in the lower right of my post and you will see how the formatting is done. On the old board it was easier, now you have to manually do the coding.

Jim Broyles
Oct-22-2008, 1:15pm
Click the "insert Link " icon (the first icon after the font(letter A above Quick Reply box) dropdown ), paste your URL there, click okay, type Meadow Music to replaced highlighted URL between Quotes. If that is too hard to follow do this:
1. - Type [u rl= (with no spaces)
2. - then paste your link
3. - type ]Meadow music
4. - type [/u rl] (no spaces)

Jim Broyles
Oct-22-2008, 1:17pm
Meadow Music (www.mandolinbeautifulmuxicinthemeadow.com)

Click on "Quote" in the lower right of my post and you will see how the formatting is done. On the old board it was easier, now you have to manually do the coding.

Actually the link works pretty well here on the new board.

Dan Cohen
Oct-22-2008, 1:19pm
Still don't get it. I know I'm being thick here. Is there a step by step approach?

billhay4
Oct-22-2008, 1:20pm
When you are composing your message, click on the add a link button. Copy and paste the URL into the popup box click OK. A link will be added like with the text portion highlighted in blue.
Substitute the text you want for the highlighted text and you're done.
Hope this helps.
Bill

JEStanek
Oct-22-2008, 1:21pm
The easiest way I know is to copy the link from a browser then click the icon of the globe with the link on it (roll-over quick tip is Insert Link). Then paste in your link name. Then you will be returned to the message composing box with the text of the link repeated and highlighted. Just start typing your name for the link then click out of the [/url] box and you're done.

Jamie

Jim Broyles
Oct-22-2008, 1:22pm
I posted steps ^ up there.

Dan Cohen
Oct-22-2008, 1:25pm
Ok here goes. Meadow Music (http://www.mandolinbeautifulmuxicinthemeadow.com)

Thanks everyone.

Dan

JEStanek
Oct-22-2008, 1:39pm
You may not want to hear this but, your link doesn't work... You did it right here but I think the URL is bad...

Jamie