PDA

View Full Version : Aniane #6 finally finished

dstretch
Oct-19-2008, 6:45pm
Well I finally got #6 finished. This is a real beauty. 3 piece walnut back, walnut sides, and walnut neck. Red spruce top and ebony finger board extender. Finish is brushed oil varnish no stain (a blond and brunette all in one):) This beauty really has a nice sound. You can hear it played in the white by Tennessee state mandolin champion Matt Raum at the Minnesota Bluegrass festival at this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbz1BwpiH1g

Thanks for looking.

Bill Snyder
Oct-19-2008, 7:50pm
Looking good Danny.

Steve-o
Oct-19-2008, 7:58pm
Nice. I really like that walnut, oh yeah! Looks extra good with that varnish finish.

Skip Kelley
Oct-20-2008, 7:08am
Danny, I love the walnut! How does it compare to maple? I have been wanting to try some on a mandolin myself. The mandolin looks great! Nice work!:)

Mark Walker
Oct-20-2008, 4:24pm
Great looking mandolin! Keep up the great work! :)

Ted Eschliman
Oct-20-2008, 5:40pm
Marvelous work, Danny. Congratulations on yet another fine looking mandolin.

dstretch
Oct-20-2008, 8:39pm
Danny, I love the walnut! How does it compare to maple? I have been wanting to try some on a mandolin myself. The mandolin looks great! Nice work!:)

Skip

I has a nice bluegrass tone, pretty loud but not too much on the treble end. Smooth sound, and I really like working with the walnut, especially bending it. Bends like butter. :grin:

Dan Voight
Oct-21-2008, 12:51pm
Sweet. She's a looker for sure.

dstretch
Oct-21-2008, 10:45pm
I appreciate all the positive comments. Thank you.