PDA

View Full Version : Downloading albums

Bobbie Dier
Oct-17-2008, 5:18am
Can someone tell me how to download albums of pictures onto your user CP page. I have done it on other sites but I need instruction on how to download them on this site. I need step by step instructions. Is it similar to downloading pics on your posts? I could do it with the browse button. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I couldn't find info about it here. It just says "start downloading". How?? :redface:

LateBloomer
Oct-17-2008, 5:53am
Bobbie,
I'm trying to think how I started my albums...... it's been a month or two and now I forget!?!

I think that once your in your CP you hit the start downloading button and it will ask you a question or two and it's easy once you get in..... Now that I have a few albums I can't start out fresh and see what I did initially. I'm not much help this morning am I? Once you get one, you can easily add others. Think about how you want to sort your pictures into various albums. I think I revised mine two or three times.
Leigh Ann

Scott Tichenor
Oct-17-2008, 7:38am
Once you create an album, there's are upload links on the album page. Click those links and it'll provide the option to upload from your hard drive to your photo album.

See example of my album below with two links above and below the images.

LateBloomer
Oct-19-2008, 6:35am
This is probably a lot more detail than you need, but here it is anyway....

Go to your control panel (User CP). On the left hand side tool bar Under Networking click Pictures and Albums.

New page opens....
In the center of the page a link will appear that says Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures! Click that.

New page opens.... (In the left hand corner it will say Add Album since you don't have an album yet) Write a title for the Album in the box, and a short description in the second box. Public has already been selected.

New page opens....
Click where it says Click here to upload pictures!

New page opens....
Now you can upload the photos - at the top of the page are oval Choose File "buttons" if you have pictures on your computer you want to upload click one of those and your computer should give you options of which ones to upload - either things on your desktop or in folders, etc. Find the one you want and click choose. Then really quickly next to the oval choose File button the name of your picture will appear, then you can choose your next one by hitting the next choose file button. You can choose four then at the bottom of that window hit upload pictures. It may take a minute then ......

A new page opens.... and there are your photos. Choose one to be your album cover, add captions if you like, and click save changes. You have your album established - then you can click Upload Pictures in the bottom left hand corner and add more pictures if you like. Or create another album. I hope this helps :)

Bobbie Dier
Oct-19-2008, 11:49am
Thanks you guys!! I just need time now to experiment with it. Late Bloomer, It is never too much detail for me. I need all the help I can get.

I guess it is OK to upload non mandolin photos in here? Is it OK to do a few family,hobbies,festivals photos in this section? I guess it is as long as I don't get carried away with it?

Scott Tichenor
Oct-19-2008, 8:34pm
Thanks you guys!! I just need time now to experiment with it. Late Bloomer, It is never too much detail for me. I need all the help I can get.

I guess it is OK to upload non mandolin photos in here? Is it OK to do a few family,hobbies,festivals photos in this section? I guess it is as long as I don't get carried away with it?

Sure, that's all fine to add. Family pix are cool, festivals too.