PDA

View Full Version : Mid Missouri Mandolin

minnedolin
Oct-14-2008, 11:35am
Hey I was trying to get the general consensus on a Mid-Missouri mandolin. MidMo M-14 I think (I keep seeing the mandola though!) There is one at a guitar shop an hour's drive from where I live, and each time I go there, there it is. It's playability is pretty nice, it is very loud considering the oval hole seems so small. the bassiness is very defined and it kind of reminds me of a mainstream mandolin sound ala Paul McCartney's "Dance Tonight" Bright yet really doesnt have that sympathetic vibration sound that can drive someone up the wall. You would really think that If I had played it and have seen it and have done a bit of research I would be able to use my noggin and figure out for myself If I should or should not buy this mando, you would think. Anyways they's is asking 350.00 and I think I could maybe talk them down to 300.00 or 275.00 at the least... Anywhoozle I thought I'd run it by you folks because you, my dear friends, mean a great deal to me! (ohhh) Any input would be awesome, but only if it ultimately leads me to buy it! Just kidding ~:> Seriously though.

jefflester
Oct-14-2008, 11:41am
Kind of a no-brainer. The Cafe is full of positive testimonials of Mid-Mos. You've played it and you like it. Go for it.

JEStanek
Oct-14-2008, 11:43am
Even at $350, that's a good price for a Mid Mo. Mike Dulak provides good service for his product. If you like the playability and sound, thats a good price and you help out a local shop. Win win! You should be able to sell it for the same amount if it doesn't work long term for you, easily.

Jamie