PDA

View Full Version : Caleb Klauder's Instruments Stolen....

Spruce
Oct-12-2008, 11:08pm
Hi all....

My buddy Caleb (Calobo, Foghorn Stringband) had his instruments stolen yesterday in Portland OR, and we're trying to get the word out to as many folks as possible....

Here tis:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee22/e_stamp/Stolen08.jpg

Pass it on!

allenhopkins
Oct-13-2008, 12:53pm
Good luck -- these instruments are distinctive enough so that they might well be recovered.

Left in a car overnight -- always a risk, even in your own driveway. I've been careless sometimes, but every time I see something like this, I resolve to take better care of mine.

Spruce
Oct-13-2008, 3:55pm
Yep.

Jim Rowland
Oct-13-2008, 5:03pm
Really sad to hear about this. I just became aware of Caleb last Wednesday when I saw the Foghorns on Jubilee. I enjoyed the performance a great deal and Caleb stood out because of his great enthusiasm and energy and,of course,because he was playing mandolin and doing a good job on the vocals. I tried everything to get a peek at the headstock for a name,but because of their sit down style,I never could. He was playing every note but was devoted to supporting the band.
I like that. I'll be hoping for a speedy and positive end to all this.
Jim

mandolooter
Oct-14-2008, 9:16am
What a shame! My eyes n ears are open...

Spruce
Oct-14-2008, 9:23am
OK, Caleb got his Sully F5 back last night after a kid found it and hocked it for 30 bucks at a pawn shop....

He can sleep a little better, as that's the instrument that is obviously irreplaceable...

The Martin O-17 is still MIA.....

Thanks all for keeping an eye open....

mandolooter
Oct-14-2008, 9:28am
Sweet...mando's are a little harder to dump since everyone is a budding guitarist it seems. Best of luck to Caleb on that Martin!

Peter LaMorte
Oct-18-2008, 12:08pm
You may want to post it on UMGF.
Peter

Spruce
Oct-18-2008, 1:10pm
Got a link for that Peter?
Thanks!

JEStanek
Oct-18-2008, 2:31pm
Bruce,

Here's a link to the UMGF stolen property section (http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/forums/12/t/The-Lost-or-Stolen-Guitar-Registry.html).

Jamie

Spruce
Oct-18-2008, 3:55pm
Someone already posted it on there....
Thanks!

Tripp Johnson
Nov-06-2008, 7:17am
Glad he got his Sullivan back, hoping for the safe return of that nice old Martin. I'm a big fan of Caleb's.