PDA

View Full Version : Short word searches?

roundel325
Oct-10-2008, 1:50pm
Part of my treatment for coping with the wait for my new BRW mandolin is to do a weekly search for forum posts containing "BRW", but the new forum search won't accept a search for words shorter than 4 letters. Is there a way around this? I can think of other mandolinish searches this might be stifling, such as Poe, a5, a4, a3, etc...

Also, the "type these two words" spam filter is bit annoying, as most of the words are impossible for me to read, making me have to cycle through a bunch of them to find a readable pair. I've seen other forums with more legible filters of this type.

Thanks for all the hard work! MandolinCafe is a great resource.

Avi Ziv
Oct-10-2008, 1:52pm
The only way around the short keyword problem, that I've found so far, is to stick a wild-card after the search word

So, for example, you can try to search for BRW*

Hope this helps
Avi

JEStanek
Oct-10-2008, 2:13pm
Another solution is "BRW in site:www.mandolincafe.com/forum" on google. Don't include the quote marks.

Here's (http://www.google.com/search?q=BRW+in+site%3Awww.mandolincafe.com%2Fforu m&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) that result. Credit to Mike Edgerton for showing me how to do that!

Jamie