PDA

View Full Version : triggs

jamiet
Oct-08-2008, 3:21pm
I have a 1993 "triggs-nashville" signed by Jim Triggs. does the signature have an affect on the value?

Mike Bromley
Oct-08-2008, 4:24pm
Anyone? My 2008 is signed by both Jim and Ryan Triggs. If they had waited six days it coulda been July 9....~:>

John Malayter
Oct-12-2008, 6:06pm
I have a F5 built for Doyle Lawson built and signed by Jim in 1989. His signature and the history of the mandolin makes it rare and also forces the appraisal up.

This is a fabulous instrument, and while I have only ever held 2 loars I'm certainly no expert but this has a very loar-esk sound and also one of the most even and balanced mandolins i’ve ever had in my hands.

For this instrument, Jim built it while others that he signed may have had others hands involved in the process.

Strado Len
Oct-13-2008, 8:56am
Is your instrument a Triggs or a Gibson? If it is a Triggs, I doubt that the presence of the builder's signature will make a difference to its value. If it is a Gibson, I believe that, with rare exceptions, the Gibson brand has more effect on the instrument's value than the builder's signature.

On the other hand, if you had a Triggs mandolin signed by Steve Gilchrist or Lloyd Loar...