PDA

View Full Version : Angels With Mandolins

PaulO
Oct-08-2008, 12:59pm
At Berry College in Rome, GA the beautiful gothic buildings are watched over by angels. The one in this picture has a taterbug. I knew there was something special about that place.

Paul

Doug Edwards
Oct-08-2008, 1:21pm
I love that. I would not mind a reproduction to put at the new house.

I must admit, I'm partial to this angel with mandolin.

Weagle
Oct-08-2008, 2:02pm
Paul,

You are correct about Berry College. I used to walk all over that place when I lived in Armuchee. Berry College used to be the largest college area in the world. It was cool driving by in the evening and seeing all of the deer and turkeys while on US Hwy 27. Alot of the decendants of the Italian stone workers that Martha Berry brought there to build the campus still live in the area. Just thinking. There had to be some mandolin players around there.

Weagle

PaulO
Oct-08-2008, 2:25pm
Doug, I can make a print for you. Contact me at paul@photomara.com and we might be able to work something out.

Weagle, it still is 27,000 acres strong. The deer population is hitting a new peak. I do a lot of work for them and it suprised me that I missed the mandoangel for so long. As a matter of fact the Cescutti family is still laying rock. The Ford Foundation gave the college a grant to restore and repair the Ford Complex and Ron Cescutti and his son did all of the stone work. His grandfather worked on the original building crew.

Paul

Mike Crocker
Oct-10-2008, 1:09pm
Cool.

Reminds me of the gargoyles with mandolins and concertinas in the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill Ottawa Canada. Don't know for sure why, but I find them inspirational.

Peace, Mooh.

Jim MacDaniel
Oct-10-2008, 2:38pm
Though technically not an angel, Milla Jovovich saved all of humanity in The Fifth Element, so that at least deserves an honorable mention...

Jim MacDaniel
Oct-10-2008, 2:41pm
(forgot the pic)

jasona
Oct-11-2008, 1:00am
Although she cannot compete with Mila, I offer up my goofy smiling angel from the medieval triptych at the Louvre I posted last year once again:http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25261&d=0
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25262&d=0

oldwave maker
Oct-18-2008, 11:00am
Found this in a recent santa fe magazine, oops, meant to post in the women with mandos thread......