PDA

View Full Version : exceptional video

billkilpatrick
Oct-05-2008, 3:38pm
check this out - really, really good:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJO5VcI3X4

JimRichter
Oct-05-2008, 4:03pm
That ain't no part of nothin' ("Uncle Bill's" response to 6 string banjos and capos on mandolins) :) Nice video.

Hey, that's a good band name or album title -- Capos on Mandolins

Jake Wildwood
Oct-05-2008, 5:19pm
T'ain't nothing wrong with capos on mandos... come on... I hate playing in Bb.

billkilpatrick
Oct-05-2008, 5:57pm
he sure can play and the mtv approach to his video is amazing - puts mine to shame.

Bertram Henze
Oct-06-2008, 3:42am
I like how the /8 Mercedes fits in - reminds me of how I practise once a week in my W124. Nothing like playing mando and looking at a star.

Bertram

Avi Ziv
Oct-06-2008, 7:08am
This may be a little off topic, but I always wondered how exactly do you put a music video like this together and get the audio recoding sync'd up with the video. Can this be done with "consumer level" equipment/software? I'd love to give it a try if only I could find some basic tutorials

Avi

Rob Powell
Oct-06-2008, 7:32am
This may be a little off topic, but I always wondered how exactly do you put a music video like this together and get the audio recoding sync'd up with the video. Can this be done with "consumer level" equipment/software? I'd love to give it a try if only I could find some basic tutorials

Avi

The short answer is yes...but there are numerous choices and price points. You can get pretty decent quality recording from a relatively inexpensive rig. Video editing usually needs to take place in a different program although there are some decent integrated solutions.

IMHO, your options are greater on a Mac but there are pc solutions.

PM me if you're interested....I have a pretty fair amount of experience with audio software....

billkilpatrick
Oct-06-2008, 8:01am

Avi

not that i understand what he's talking about ... but to the right of the video, click where it says "more info" and you'll find ... more information:

"I wrote this tune trying to figure out what a ride along with the Father of Bluegrass Bill Monroe would've been like.I played my guitar,mandolin,dobro and 6-string banjo and my friend Kostas showed up with his camera and did some beautiful takes.The recording was done in a good ol' Fostex X-30 Multitracker and then converted it to digital.At the end we came up with one answer:it would have been one hell of a ride!!! The shooting of the video took place on some beautiful country roads near the towns of Kalambaka and Trikala,Greece."

Mark Walker
Oct-06-2008, 8:53am
Very cool! I love those 'black & white' video effects.

UnityGain
Oct-06-2008, 2:33pm
Very cool! I love those 'black & white' video effects.

Still can't hold a candle to real film. Nothing quite like the real deal. The fast shutter speed strobe effect on the corn driveby is a dead digital giveaway. Someday I'll be sure to do a 100% real film bluegrass music "video" for y'all.

All in all though, a tastefully put together little peice.

GTG
Oct-08-2008, 3:54pm
Bluegrass in Greece! I love it!