PDA

View Full Version : Latest Silverangel bound for Chile

kyken
Oct-01-2008, 5:53pm
here's the latest from my shop. I will have it at IBMA Friday and Saturday if anyone would like to try it.

bgmando
Oct-01-2008, 5:58pm
I dark angel in a way. But I like it. And I love how you go for distinctive rather than cookie cutter instruments.

mandolooter
Oct-01-2008, 8:57pm
lovely F Ken!

Skip Kelley
Oct-02-2008, 6:47am
I dark angel in a way. But I like it. And I love how you go for distinctive rather than cookie cutter instruments.

"Dark Angel" sounds like a good name for the mandolin! Sweet!!

Carleton Page
Oct-02-2008, 9:20am
Wow! Looks awesome. I played my first silver Angel about a month ago it sounded and played great! (I think it was 2001.)

LKN2MYIS
Oct-02-2008, 9:57am
Ken -

It' beautiful. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

Mark Walker
Oct-03-2008, 7:54am
Ken - very cool. I love the way the painting of the angel looks like it's floating into 'clouds' - which are the grain lines in the back. Very uniquely stained and laid out!

Someone's gonna be happy in Chile!

SoreFinger
Oct-03-2008, 3:56pm
Very nice looking mandolin. It is unique. Someone will be very happy.:grin:

wildpikr
Oct-03-2008, 9:27pm
En una palabra...¡Increíble!

It looks like there's a relief carving above the painting. It would be nice to see if you have a clear picture of it. Is the top spruce or redwood?

Mark Walker
Oct-07-2008, 1:08pm
Ken - how was that mandolin received at IBMA? I bet it got more than a few lookers!

kyken
Oct-07-2008, 7:05pm
Mark, it was well received, but I didn't stay very long at IBMA, only one night. Had to leave........ Anyway, I still have the mandolin, it's bound for Chile on monday. I put an Orrico tailpiece on it, that's what the man wanted. Sounds awful good with the Orrico, good with the James too though. Here's a picture of it with the Orrico. Thanks to all who looked at it.........

kyken
Oct-07-2008, 7:07pm
here they are. hope it's not too dark.....

kyken
Oct-14-2008, 3:31pm
here's some better shots in natural light....

Mark Walker
Oct-15-2008, 4:16pm
Ken,

That looks SWEET with either tailpiece on it. Love that relief carving on the back too. Certainly a unique and one-of-a-kind F-style mandolin.

Folks all over South America will be conversing about it I'm sure! :)

Keith Erickson
Oct-15-2008, 4:55pm
Ken,

It lóóks beautiful. I love the back and I love that angel. How did you get that pattern above the angel? Very tastefully done....

Thank you for sharing :)

kyken
Oct-15-2008, 6:31pm
Well, I just freehand draw that design on there for the carving. That makes it always unique. I don't get to do very many with paintings and that is something that I really love to do.

JEStanek
Oct-15-2008, 7:32pm
Lovely, again, Ken. That really does look nice.

Jamie