PDA

View Full Version : Questions about New Posts view

JeffD
Oct-01-2008, 1:30am
I am having trouble understanding the New Posts view. When I post to a thread that was say third of fourth down on the New Posts list, I would expect it to rise to the top, my post being the newest post. Perhaps, if there is a lot of traffic, the thread I just posted to would come up second or third.

But now it just disappears from the list altogether. When I come back later I have to use the search feature to see if anyone has replied to my posting.

I am not saying its right or wrong, what ever it is, I just want to understand it.

Other than that I am having a blast with the new forum. Lots of cool features make it easier to find what I want.

Scott Tichenor
Oct-01-2008, 6:47am
One's own posts do not cause a thread to show up in the New Posts search. Someone else would have to reply to it. That implies the user already knows what they posted. There was a habit we all got into I suspect--I know I did--of checking one's own posts after they were made. Don't worry, it's showing up in everyone else's New Posts, just not those you make in your own search.

MikeEdgerton
Oct-01-2008, 7:56am
I am having the same problem but you can find the post you just edited by going to Quick Links and selecting Today's Posts. Your message will be close to the top of that list.

Scott Tichenor
Oct-01-2008, 8:04am
It's not a problem, it's a misunderstanding :)

If it's killing anyone, go to the home page and you can rest assured your post is viewed by others as most recent and appears in "new posts".

MikeEdgerton
Oct-01-2008, 8:10am
It's not a problem, it's a misunderstanding :)

I thought it was a feature :)

JeffD
Oct-01-2008, 11:11am
You are right, it was just a habit. Knowing that it is in everyone elses New Posts is what I needed to know. Thanks.