PDA

View Full Version : Blueprint

EasyEd
Feb-05-2004, 11:32pm
Hey All,

Don't know if I should post this here or down below in the celtic section. Anyway there's a new CD out (or coming out)called Blueprint that ought to be interesting. Natalie MacMaster a really good an pretty Cape Breton fiddler includes Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas and Sam Bush on her latest CD! Says that celtic an bluegrass are cousins that oughta get to know each other better. Kinda like the Chieftans with the old plank road CD. If any of you have heard this CD yet - post a review! I'm keeping my eye out for it.

Take Care! -Ed-

Bobbie Dier
Feb-06-2004, 5:25am
It is out and it is fantastic. I got my copy in October so it's been out at least since then. I'm not much of a writer, all I can say is I LOVE it. Get it if you like celtic music at all. I wouldn't call anything on there bluegrass. Maybe you wouldn't call it celtic either. It's Cape Breton fiddling. It is great music though. I was driving home after buying it and my husband was sound asleep and I had this CD on. He sat straight up and said. That guy can play the #%*@ out of a fiddle. I had to tell him, sorry honey that's a gal playing. That's my $.02.

doanepoole
Feb-06-2004, 11:18am
does it have piano?...only thing I really don't like about Cape Breton style

Bobbie Dier
Feb-06-2004, 12:11pm
Yes, there is piano on two or three cuts. It isn't intrusive though. I had to go look at my CD to see. I don't even remember hearing a piano on it. The piano seems to be playing the rhythm and bassy runs like a guitar. The fiddles and guitars, bass etc seem to cover it up.That is just my take on it. There are some big dawg musicians on this CD.Jerry Douglas, Bryan Sutton, Darol Anger, Alison Brown, Tod Phillips, Victor Wooten, Mike Marshall, Sam Bush,Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Victor Krauss, John Cowan. I'm glad I bought it.It was worth the $18.

levin4now
Feb-06-2004, 3:10pm
Sounds like the [Merelfest] AllStar Jam meets Nova Scotia!

pathfinder
Feb-06-2004, 4:05pm
And you should see Natalie stepdance as she plays!

EasyEd
Feb-07-2004, 1:53am
Hey All,

I'm looking forward to the CD. I'm embarassed that it's been out that long and I haven't seen it. Anyway I really like Cape Breton music and think it's wonderful that bluegrass instrumentation is being added. I'm hoping that Sam has a good opportunity or two to showcase his mando on the CD. Neal if you think Natalie is good step dancing watch Leahy sometime.

Take Care! -Ed-

mandokristin
Feb-09-2004, 10:16am
I have it, and I think it is just incredible!!! Natalie rocks my socks off!