PDA

View Full Version : Uploading an avatar

Jon Hall
Sep-20-2008, 6:02pm
I attempted to upload an avatar but it didn't work. Is the 5.88MB size the problem? Photoshop gives the dimensions 2848 x 4288...whatever that means.

Scott Tichenor
Sep-20-2008, 6:32pm
Jon, that's too large. Don't recall what the default size is without digging through the settings but that's far beyond allowable size to be editing by the forum software. To get best results you'd want someone editing that large by hand anyway. If you want to email it to me I'll edit it for you and add it to your profile.

Bill Snyder
Nov-20-2008, 8:17am
Using the old forum software everyone's uploaded avatars were in a member accessible section so if we changed avatars we could go back and find our previous avatar (or anyone elses for that matter). Is there such a section with this new software package?

MikeEdgerton
Nov-20-2008, 8:22am
Like this one? Yes, it's possible if someone was using it and you remember their username but you have to go through some hoops.

Bill Snyder
Nov-20-2008, 10:05pm
In response to the post below, uploading another one would not be a problem. I was just thinking about file space on your server for those of us that might be of a fickle nature when it comes to such things. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Smile-tpvgames.gif

JEStanek
Nov-20-2008, 11:01pm
The answer to your question, Bill, as far as I know, for a User accessible section where uploaded avatars are stored, is no. I believe this new forum has a "pigeon hole" if you will for one at a time per user. You may just have to recreate an old one if you no longer have the file.

Jamie