PDA

View Full Version : Forum navigation

Mark Seale
Sep-17-2008, 5:07pm
Would it be possible to add some navigation at the bottom of the page to go back to the forum? Or is the jump to drop down box the only option?

Mark

MikeEdgerton
Sep-17-2008, 5:26pm
You've got the Back button on the browser. Are you just looking to go back to the section you started in?

mando.player
Sep-17-2008, 5:34pm
What would be nice is to have the breadcrumbs from the top of the page, duplicated at the bottom. Like this:
Mandolin Cafe Message Board > Support, Help, Questions, etc. > Support, Help, Questions, etc.

OR

In the Forum Jump drop down, if the root of the forums was added that would work too.

It's just nice to be able to click into another area without having to scroll back to the top. The back button works, but leaves the read unread statuses unchanged.

Mark Seale
Sep-17-2008, 5:56pm
The bread crumbs mando.player suggested is exactly what I was talking about. If you use that type of navigation, the forum page is refreshed. If you use the back button, it isn't. I participate on another forum that uses the vBulletin software and they have this enabled. As you scroll to the bottom of particularly lengthy posts, it's handy to get back to the previous level.

Scott Tichenor
Sep-17-2008, 8:15pm
That's probably do-able, but I can't dedicate time for that until next week. I'm at a festival doing gigs until late Saturday--once in awhile I get a break, and I'm taking it. If someone will remind me next week about this I'll look into it. Repeating bread crumbs at the bottom sounds like a bit of overkill to me but I'm open to looking into it.

mandroid
Sep-20-2008, 9:45am
Yea, I know the scroll wheel in the 'mouse' does the job, BUT, a ^back to the top^ of the page^ thing, would be a good feature , when the page is long enough to go to an additional page..
I thought the arrows in the circle on a black square was that, at first..

MikeEdgerton
Sep-20-2008, 10:46am
Look for the word Top on the bottom right hand corner of the page.