PDA

View Full Version : In praise of Pandora Radio

Rick Banuelos
Sep-17-2008, 11:35am
For the past three days, I've been riveted to Pandora radio, listening to some of the highest, most lonesome, killer pickin' I've ever heard, and I haven't heard a single song I disliked, even though half the content has been unfamiliar to me.

Mandolin content:

Bill Monroe and Matt Flinner stations have gotten the most airplay. Gotta hand it to those guys. WOW.

I may be behind the times, but if you haven't tried Pandora yet, it is absolutely great (and free).

NFI, of course. Just great music.
:mandosmiley:
:grin:

JEStanek
Sep-17-2008, 11:59am
http://www.pandora.com/ link. It's pretty cool. iTunes has finally gotten something like this called Genius where your library and the playlists of others are used to build (on the fly) play lists for you based on a song you select. Sadly, I've not had much success with OT or BG songs yet with Genius.

Jamie

Rick Banuelos
Sep-17-2008, 12:06pm
While I have had some success with the Genius function too, the thing I LOVE about Pandora is that the breadth of content is overwhelming; you don't really know what's coming next, and it's ALWAYS good. It's like the genius function, but instead of just having your own library, you have... well... everything. The last three artists have been Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, and Red White.

Awesome.

billhay4
Sep-17-2008, 12:09pm
I believe you're onto something here. Beats any other internet radio I've run across.
Bill

JeffD
Sep-17-2008, 12:21pm
I put in Bruce Green, and the next three tunes were exactly what I wanted!