PDA

View Full Version : Builders and Repair Display

Marc Berman
Sep-10-2008, 12:50pm
Hi,

When I open Builders and Repair the display option default is set to "last day" all the other forums are "last month". Even if I reset it, it goes back to the "last day" the next time I go in.

Thanks

Jim Broyles
Sep-10-2008, 1:00pm
It's like like in more than one forum. I hope this can be corrected.

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 1:07pm
Hi,

When I open Builders and Repair the display option default is set to "last day" all the other forums are "last month". Even if I reset it, it goes back to the "last day" the next time I go in.

Thanks

Hi, if I understand this correctly, you can personalize those settings by going to your Control Panel (CP), then to Edit Options and under Thread Display Options there is a pull-down menu that allows you to specify Default Thread Age Cut Off.

Jim Broyles
Sep-10-2008, 1:24pm
You can specify the thread display in CP, but you cannot specify the default display within the forums. If I want all forums to open with the threads in descending order by time posted, I have to manually set it every time I go to the forum. Is there a way to permanently set these options?

Avi Ziv
Sep-10-2008, 1:27pm
I have a different problem with the Builders and Repair area: The default sorting for this group seems to be by Thread Title and Ascending, while all others are by Last Post Time and Descending. I cannot save my preference for this sorting. I wonder if others noticed the same thing?

Avi

Jim Broyles
Sep-10-2008, 1:28pm
What improziv just said is what I mean. It is that way in Theory, Technique, Tips and Tricks, too.

Austin Koerner
Sep-10-2008, 1:39pm
I'm dealing with this same problem.

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 1:52pm
We agree one day is a bit quick. These are the kind of issues you don't run into until you have hundreds of users. We're looking into modifying this setting.

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 2:22pm
This has been fixed and is set to 30 days. Thanks for pointing out.

Larry S Sherman
Sep-10-2008, 2:42pm
I have a different problem with the Builders and Repair area: The default sorting...seems to be by Thread Title and Ascending, while all others are by Last Post Time and Descending. I cannot save my preference for this sorting.

Avi

This is now happening to me for all groups. Alphabetical order Ascending. I can change it group by group but I can't save the setting, and no CP setting changes it.

PaulD
Sep-10-2008, 2:47pm
One problem appears to persist: If I set a forum "Sort By" to "Last Post Time" and then navigate away from the forum, the next time I come in it has defaulted to "Thread Title". I've looked in the control panel, "Edit Options" but the only thing I'm finding there is the display order within a thread (rather than at the Forum level). I may be missing a setting. For what it's worth, I've tried it in Chrome (Google's new somewhat-buggy browser), Mozilla Firefox, and IE 6 and get the same results. I tried clearing all the MandolinCafe related cookies to see if that made a difference but it did not.

Paul

Larry S Sherman
Sep-10-2008, 2:48pm
I've tried it in Chrome (Google's new somewhat-buggy browser), Mozilla Firefox, and IE 6 and get the same results.

Paul

Good point...I should have mentioned that I use Firefox

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 2:52pm
Fixed. Wow

:redface:

Jonathan Peck
Sep-10-2008, 2:58pm
I just noticed that in the options settings, -Thread Display Mode- is set to -Oldest First- which displays the newest posts first. If I switch the setting to -Newest First- it displays the oldest first.

Avi Ziv
Sep-10-2008, 3:03pm
Fixed. Wow

:redface:

Thanks!!
Avi