PDA

View Full Version : Where'd My Avatar Go?!

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 7:56am
Sorry, we were unable to move avatars over, but the good news is that the new forum software will size a newly uploaded avatar correctly so that you get a cleaner look to it. To upload your avatar, do the following:

Go to User CP (upper left-hand corner of page)
Under "Settings & Options" on the left, click "Edit Avatar"

Follow instructions on that page. You have the option of uploading the avatar to the board (best, safest, wisest option) or linking externally, the latter which we do not recommend as hot-linking to external images may cause it to be blocked, which defeats the purpose.

powercat
Sep-10-2008, 1:10pm
When I try to upload the avatar I've been using, it tells me "Invalid file". My Avatar is a 100 X 100 png file of 11K, which seems to be within the size limits. Does the software just not link png files? If so, what types are supported?

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 1:28pm
.png currently isn't a valid avatar file format, but we'll investigate and see if that can be added as that's a farily common extension. .gif and .jpg we know will work.

mandroid
Sep-10-2008, 3:25pm
Is there a menu of the prior avatars kept anywhere ?, I got the Picasso Quixote from that.
recycling it seems OK to my mind..

MikeEdgerton
Sep-10-2008, 3:43pm
Go to www.mandolincafe.net. That's the old message board. Find a message thread that you were in. Right click on your avatar and select Save Picture As and save the file to your computer. Then upload it to the forum from your forum control panel.

Darren Kern
Sep-10-2008, 7:44pm
Go to www.mandolincafe.net. That's the old message board. Find a message thread that you were in. Right click on your avatar and select Save Picture As and save the file to your computer. Then upload it to the forum from your forum control panel.

When I saw this post subject, I was going to say exactly what Mike posted here, it worked fine for me. I went to the old site, found one of my posts, saved my avatar, and re-added it to the live site.

I found the whole password change process very easy, good job on the migration by the mods.