PDA

View Full Version : Help, I Can't Log In!

Scott Tichenor
Sep-09-2008, 9:19pm
Passwords between the old and new forums were not compatible! In order to log in so you can post, your password has to be reset. Here's how:

Request a password reset starting here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw).

You will be asked to enter your email address. NOTE: this MUST be the email address associated with your message board account. Enter that correctly, and the board will mail reset instructions which you must follow. If you don't receive the email, better check that spam folder!

If your email address is invalid, you can't remember it, or you're having other problems, contact the site owner for assistance, but PLEASE, help us help you by providing:

Your message board user name
The email address that was part of your message board account

Mandolin Cafe
Sep-10-2008, 7:01am
And take a deep breath. We're here to help.

Wesley
Sep-12-2008, 12:20pm
It seems I get logged out every time I leave the website - is that common? Do we need to log in every time we come here? Or have I missed something?

JEStanek
Sep-12-2008, 12:25pm
Have you checked the Remeber Me button?

Jamie

Wesley
Sep-12-2008, 1:00pm
Duhhhh..... Stupid sheepish grin showing....

That seems to work.

Ivan Kelsall
Sep-15-2008, 4:56am
Along with my inability to 'post an image',the 'remember me' function also does not work as it used to. I mention this purely to be 'noted' - it's hardly a chore to type in my password,
Saska

icuker
Sep-16-2008, 10:36am
I got a temporary password but can't figure out how to change it to something I will remember.

Scott Tichenor
Sep-16-2008, 11:03am
Here's a screen shot of the login. That button that has a big red box around it, users will make their lives much easier if they check that when logging in, as that allows you to *remain* logged in for long periods of time. Is that going to hold your login *forever*? No, it won't. If you flush your cookies, or have your web browser set to only hold the cookie for your "session", then you'll need to log in again next time you want to post.

Also, be aware that we've changed domain names. Old board was under mandolincafe.net, while this is under mandolincafe.com. We can't account for and recommend every possible setting for personal firewalls. If your firewall requires you to approve the cookie be set by domain, then you'll need to add mandolincafe.com. Cookies can also be controlled by browser settings. Sorry, all of this was identical under the old forum. Only the domain name has changed. If you just can't get logged in, better to contact me privately so I can ask specific questions about your settings.

Scott Tichenor
Sep-16-2008, 11:08am
I got a temporary password but can't figure out how to change it to something I will remember.

This kind of information along with other help is available in the Posting Guidelines/FAQ link at the top of every page. Here's a direct link to help for changing passwords (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=change+password&match=all&titlesonly=0).

Scott Tichenor
Sep-16-2008, 11:10am
Even simpler: direct link to editing your own password (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile).

All personal options like password changes, email address, avatars, etc. is found in your User CP (Control Panel) which is linked at the top left of every forum page. Every user should investigate that area as there are a lot of new features there (like image albums) that are yours to use.