PDA

View Full Version : Used collings mf?

pgfoto
Aug-28-2008, 10:09am
I have a Collings MF #273 with tortoise binding which I purchased new in 2004 in very good condition. I am selling it to a friend. I want to stay friends... So I'm trying to get a handle on a fair price.
Has anyone recently purchased or sold a used Collings MF?
There aren't enough listings in the present classifieds to get a good indication.
Thanks for the help.
Phil

drdecanto
Sep-02-2008, 1:17am
Interestingly, I just purchased a Collings MF #584 from The Mandolin Store in AZ about 2 weeks ago. It was a used instrument, but barely used and had been taken back on a trade-up. One or two very minor finish blemishes. Brand new $3,999. I've sent you a PM on the details of my purchase from them. BTW, Overall extremely satisified with my experiences with Dennis Vance and The Mandolin Store.
Alan

Jim Murton
Sep-03-2008, 5:11pm
Alan,

That was my mandolin.I traded it with an mt +cash on a Sam Bush Model Gibson.I really liked that mandolin,but always wanted the sammy bush mando.I am glad to hear it went to a good home.

Dennis and the mandolin store are great to work with.I always recommend The mandolin Store to all my friends,and people looking for new instruments.

Jim

Mandobar
Sep-03-2008, 5:32pm
general rule of thumb is around 70 percent of new. #dependant on condition.

i do notice that a lot of seller in the classifieds are looking to get way more than that. i am a bit confused when people are looking to get what they paid or pretty close to what they paid for something that can be readily purchased new for a few hundred more.