PDA

View Full Version : Pics for big joe's shop

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:00pm
I had my camera with me when I visited Big Joe's shop. He was not there. He was heading to Gibson, where I just left. Bad timing. I thought I would show some pictures that give a feeling for the shop.
First pic shows we are there.
Tony

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:01pm
Josh

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:03pm
Josh's qualifications.

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:10pm
The important stuff. #Nice Hershal MM, Nice Gibson F5 Fern and nice Ray Webber. #Not a great looker, but my what tone. You can see one for sale in the classifieds now.

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:11pm
One reason Joe is such a pleasure to work with.

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:12pm
Hard at work at the bench

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:13pm
Some more goodies

red7flag
Aug-11-2008, 5:16pm
They do actually have some other instruments. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I assure you, you will enjoy the laid back atmosphere. Just what you would expect from a fine person like Big Joe.
Tony

Rick Schmidlin
Aug-11-2008, 11:27pm
A real redneck mandolin shop ,cool,looks like fun.

David M.
Aug-12-2008, 3:35pm
So, is Big Joe's shop selling brands and benchmade mandos? Is that guy applying binding to a new body or is he repairing binding?

There a website for the store?

Tim Pike
Aug-12-2008, 8:20pm
Great stuff-would love to visit there and drool on his floor instead of my keyboard!

woodwizard
Aug-12-2008, 8:31pm
I sure wish I didn't live so far away from that place. What a candy store. One of these days I'll be up that way... that's for sure. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

brunello97
Aug-12-2008, 8:48pm
Let me get this right: #killer mandolins, rednecks, tatoos, laptops, The Lord, Jack Daniels, super quality craftsmanship. #And behind it all the music. #My kind of place.

It is a wonderful world.

Mick

Mark Walker
Aug-13-2008, 3:50pm
Let me get this right: #killer mandolins, rednecks, tatoos, laptops, The Lord, Jack Daniels, super quality craftsmanship. #And behind it all the music. #My kind of place.

It is a wonderful world.

Mick
Couldn't have said it better myself. #

Thanks for sharing the pics Tony! # # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

D C Blood
Aug-13-2008, 8:40pm
I recently took my wife's D41 in for repair (the standard Martin crack running from the bridge to the back end). Big Joe and his crew repaired it quickly and professionally and for a very reasonable price. Most importantly, my wife is very happy...:D