PDA

View Full Version : My First Love

Scotti Adams
Feb-05-2004, 4:45pm
...I continuely kick myself in the hindend when I think of why I let this puppy go

Feb-05-2004, 9:23pm
I know the feeling Scotti.. My Gil 1985 left me ..oh why did I let her go http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

mandolooter
Feb-05-2004, 11:02pm
Some good could possibly come of this and a valuable lesson learned for some of us other folks here...a good mandolin is a good mandolin and the search for the holy grail should be done with your pick not your pocketbook.:)

Darryl Wolfe
Feb-06-2004, 8:41am
Is that the one Dudenbostel bought originally fron Gruhn?...It had triple binding on the top and sides

Scotti Adams
Feb-10-2004, 8:25pm
..no..I dont think so Darryl..a buddy of mine sold this to me back in 1985...he got it from a Guitar show here in Ohio

Crowder
Feb-10-2004, 10:12pm
My buddy brought his A3 to SPBGMA this weekend and I got to play it a lot. The resonance of that mandolin is amazing. Even though it's an X braced, f hole mandolin, you'd swear it was an oval hole when you play the wound strings over the sweet spot. You can fell the back vibrate like crazy---it's just awesome.

BigJoe
Feb-11-2004, 12:06am
I had one built for me in 1995. It had block inlays on the fingerboard and it was incredible. I had to sell it to pay medical bills a few years ago and have missed it ever since. Steve builds a great mandolin. I wish I could get it back. However, it has nearly tripled in price since I sold it in 98. Oh well, life happens.

Nik-chick
Feb-11-2004, 1:14am
Well, with my first mando-love I proved to be a vindictive ex. Don't just dump him, run over him with your truck. We're getting back togather tho.

BigJoe
Feb-13-2004, 11:33pm
I found my Gilchrist yesterday and was able to talk to the current owner today. I did all I could to buy or trade him out of it, but he is not willing to sell for any amount at the current time. He is a known professional musician and says it is the best sounding and playing mandolin he has ever played. My hopes of a reunion are temporarily dashed. Oh well, such is life. It's not like I don't have enough great mandolins to carry me through.