PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and Big Joe

Rooster
Feb-05-2004, 2:38pm
Hey Charlie and Big Joe:

I was in Nashville last weekend taking a lesson from Roland White and had a chance to stop by the shop. I was hoping to get a chance to talk to both of you but ya'll had stepped out to lunch. Anyway, I just wanted to say I had a great experience playing several of the Mandos hanging around there (Fern, Bush, Steffy and of course MM). I have kept up with a lot of posts regarding quality of numerous mandos, both Gibson and others, and I have to say I was truly impressed with each instrument I played. Excellant quality, beautiful tone (each a little different but all fine) easy to play. I own a custom F mando and a flatiron made in Nashville so I was able to have some frame of reference. Thanks for the passion you both share to bring such fine craftsmanship to those of us who love the music, whether we can play worth a flip of not. I have a goal to own one when I save a few $$ in the future.

Thanks again for your commitment!

Regards,

Jeff Smalley

PS: I believe it was Chris who was very helpful during my visit. The name may not be right but the service was great. Made me feel right at home.

Big Joe
Feb-05-2004, 3:47pm
Hey Jeff!
Sorry we missed you. It would have been great to meet you and spend some time with you. Next time ask them to radio me and I will get back quicker. Thanks for the kind words.