PDA

View Full Version : Weber special edition

spenser
Jul-09-2008, 5:36pm
Well, I can say that MAS is cured, for a day or two! Took my teachers suggestion to purchase a BG F-style. Knew that I wasnt good enough, or rich enough for a Collings MF or Weber Yellowstone. Researched the options and opinions here and at online shops and threw myself on Dennis and Brian at the Mandolin Shop. They suggested a Custom Weber, with the required wide nut for my fat fingers. Ordered it in Buckskin and it came yesterday! Couldnt wait to scurry home and try it out (my office mates dont appreciate mandolin music, they are all head bangers!) Played it side by side with MT and have to say that it is louder, had a great woody tone and great sustain to my novice ears, so much so that the Collings could be redundant.......maybe not, it is a Collings! Suffice to say, this is a great mando out of the box, without even discussing price. Tried to attach photos but not working but I am sure Dennis has pictures of it online. Great tiger maples back and the color is perfect. Thanks for the help and guidance everyone, great site you have here. And, the tip to work with Dennis was well worth it, especially for those of us with no dealers nearby, heck, even if there were I would still purchase from him.

Chris Biorkman
Jul-09-2008, 5:38pm
Cool. Dennis is always great to deal with.

Flatpick
Jul-10-2008, 1:35pm
Congrats on the Weber. My 1st Mandolin was a Vega Bowlback back in 1964 given to me by my uncle who tried to learn but had no patience. I played on and off for years and wish I had stuck it out. I would be a much better player today......

Stick with it and someday all that you have learned will go "click" and you'll play some really great music.......

Flatpick... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif