PDA

View Full Version : Scam,scam,scam

morristownmando
Jun-17-2008, 6:40pm
There is somebody on ebay with three different gibson mandolins all of them have a buy it now price of $1300 and a starting bid of $115.One of them is a 61 f5 !!!!!!!

The attachment here that links directly into eBay including their programming functions has been removed.

Scott Tichenor
Mandolin Cafe

morristownmando
Jun-17-2008, 8:02pm
Thats funny I emailed the guy and told him i wanted to purchase the mandolin and come and pick it up and he said he could only ship it to me.And then he wouldn't respond back to me.So i reported the item as fraudulent.Now all his items mysteriously has disapeared off of ebay lol.

MikeEdgerton
Jun-17-2008, 8:59pm
Could we start putting links in instead of attaching the html file? You don't see what the auction is really at you see what the auction was at. Even if the auction is closed the contact information continues to active and if it is a scam you're playing into the scammers web even after the auction is gone. Doing it this way we aren't doing our members any favors. If you click on the HTML file you can still contact the seller. That isn't really a good thing.

morristownmando
Jun-18-2008, 12:17am
Sorry I wil use links in the future. The reason i did it that way is when ebay cancels the auction you wouldnt be able to see the product of the actual scam with just a link.You would just get the message this item has been removed.

MikeEdgerton
Jun-18-2008, 7:12am
The problem is that all of the eBay functionality remains if you post the html page. In other words, you end up perpetuating the scam. Believe me, there will be more scams to link to in the future.