PDA

View Full Version : Todaro Mandolin prototype

mandolute
Jun-27-2004, 7:51pm
I have a new mandolin carved from one piece of wood that I would like to introduce. # Look for the link at the top of my website. #worldfrets.com
For those of you who will attend the summer NAMM show in Nashville please stop by my booth No. 2005 to give it a try.

Jim Garber
Jun-27-2004, 9:05pm
Joe:
I posted a link to this thread on the Classical board. That is likely to be the folks who would most be interested in that style of mandolin.

I would love to try one sometime. The problem is that it is non-traditional in terms of bluegrass and in terms of classical construction as well. Then again, if it has a unique or different sound, it could sell.

My other question is: what is the neck joint? It almost looks as if it is carved with the neck and body as one piece. That may present problems in future repairs.

Jim

Jim Garber
Jun-27-2004, 9:15pm
Joe:
I checked your site again and found that you are involved in the Munier Orchestra, so you likely *do* know your market.

Will you have some of these for CMSA convention in November? I assume you will be there?

See you then.

BTW I bought a nice charango from you at one of the Philadelphia Guitar Shows a number of years ago. I still have it and plunk away from time to time.

Jim