PDA

View Full Version : Niles Hokkanen's book

Mandolawyer
Jun-27-2004, 4:25pm
I already posted on this on the listserver, but I am impatient for a reply (no sense of delayed gratification) and want to see if anyone can help me out.

I have been looking for a copy of Niles Hokkanen's book on electric mandolin that he used to offer.

I believe it is out of print. It is no longer on his catalogue. I have written him once before about this and he did not reply, so I suspect it is simply not available any more (I sent another e-mail today just to doublecheck with him).

Could anyone sell me a used copy of his book (with cassette tapes) on the electric mando?

I really want to get into the rock side of mandolin, after going to a Rush concert last night. Time to branch out from my Bill Monroe licks...

Please help!
--John Clay
Mandolawyer@yahoo.com

Christian McKee
Jun-29-2004, 10:54am
Hmmm, emando.com has ordering information on the site, but I cannot personally vouch for it being current. www.emando.com > etc > instruction. Hope this helps http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Christian

mrmando
Jun-29-2004, 11:27am
Let me see if I can get a reply from Niles ...

Mandolawyer
Jun-29-2004, 10:03pm
Thanks to both of you for your replies!

After trying Niles first, I finally found someone willing to part with an old copy. This will have to be the next best thing to attending one of Niles Hokkanen's live workshops, for now.

Regards,
John Clay