PDA

View Full Version : Sights and sounds

mandopete
May-29-2008, 10:14am
Is it just me or do all of the droolworthy pictures make you want to hear these mandolins? I know that listening to a mandolin through the computer is no substitute for the real thing, but it would sure be nice to get the sound to go with the sight.

mandolooter
May-29-2008, 5:55pm
its not just you Pete...

Jason Nagati
May-29-2008, 6:03pm
I'd like to hear them, too. Many luthiers post sound clips on their sites, but not enough.

Unfortunately, though the average player has a camera, few have a decent recording setup, or a reason to justify the expense.

Brandon Flynn
May-29-2008, 6:11pm
I always like to hear sound clips from all builders. I think that is a great way to promote yourself. I know there are endless numbers of luthiers who do beautiful work, but the sound is more important to me. For instance, BRW has sound clips by Mike Marshall. It makes me hear what BRW's can sound like. Because it is not easy to find instruments to try from a small builder, I think good quality sound clips are worth the hassle and cost for most builders.

mandopete
May-29-2008, 6:17pm
Okay, this might sound like like a dumb idea, but we can post a picture here on the cafe - how about being able to attach a sound clip to a post?

mandopete
May-29-2008, 6:20pm
I think good quality sound clips are worth the hassle and cost for most builders.
Heck yeah! Personally I don't see how a builder could do with that. I'm not knockin' the aestetics of anyone's mandolins, but isn't the sound really more important?