PDA

View Full Version : Free mando music for kids

JEStanek
May-22-2008, 10:06pm
I downloaded the music Steven has offered up via the classifieds. It's billed as music for kids at bed time but I think it's nice mellow playing over nature sounds.

You can check it out, download it if you want, or even donate to him if so inclined.

You can hear it here. (http://www.chocteemusic.com/)

Thanks a bunch, Steven.

Jamie

de24
May-22-2008, 10:17pm
Good stuff. Nice and mellow. The only thing that screams, "This is for kids" are the song titles.

holdenzdad
May-22-2008, 10:39pm
Thanks guys - I spent three years putting this material together in my kids room at bedtime - what a blast!! I wasn't sure how they were going to respond to it a first, but after a little tweaking, it gets them snoaring pretty darn quickly. I tried selling it for a couple years and found that to be tiresome - I want the music to get out there as it has really helped our family and a bunch of our friends - I even had a close friend that listened to it at night during a really messy divorce - hope you and your families enjoy it. My best,

Steven

dudlebug23
May-22-2008, 11:00pm
You are awesome!!! This is the type of bedtime music I have been looking for...I tried to put a hodgepodge of things together for my son, wanting it to be more like this, but this totally does the trick. I very much appreciate it! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steven Clarkson
Nov-04-2008, 11:23pm
I have updated the site quite a bit with new music and even a blog. It has a lot of what I have recorded over the last 5 years - including three songs with vocals by Janet Barnes, Indian instrumentation, and even some spoken word psalm tracks. The album I did for my kids, Meow Meow Baby, is also still available. These all can be downloaded for free - less of a statement and more of a philosophy. If you end up liking the tracks, I always appreciate a donation which helps keep the site running.

Thanks for the listen and the support!

BTW, Any donations over the next week (until Nov. 11th) will be sent along to Butch!