PDA

View Full Version : what about this?

cam
Jun-26-2004, 12:42pm
I don't know who feels up to this, but I thought it might be a good idea to post some of our own compositions as a means of getting feedback and motivation from the community. Craig, maybe there could be a special section for this? #What d'ya fink?

cam
Jun-27-2004, 9:09am
Don't all rush at once now...

Michael H Geimer
Jun-27-2004, 10:18am
I'll do it ... but I need to write a song first. LOL! (I have one scramblin' around my head .. a good one, too! )

cam
Jun-27-2004, 10:28am
It's just an idea Benignus, I don't have anything written for mando either but I thought this might be something to get me motivated.

craig
Jun-27-2004, 10:56am
cam,

of course, you can post any recording you want in the Misc. Musings section. if you are talking about making the actual sheet music available, that is very doable, too. currently, one of the members is in the process of making some significant changes to the page. once the NEW version is up and running, we can add that sort ot thing. until then, you can make those files available at the Yahoo! Groups.

craig

Michael H Geimer
Jun-27-2004, 11:37am
Well, I've been wanting to write a proper song for a while. I've written lots of music, but never anything that could be called a song.

But, I've been sitting on an idea that started along my drive to last fall's Strawberry. I finally think I'm ready ... in fact I just now pretty much finished up the song.

Now, I still will need to polish, and edit, and practice, and record, but I hope to have something nice to share.

Thanks cam, sometimes what ya' need is the right outside influence at the right time! (Gotta run, I'm suppose to play in an hour! )

- Benig

Unseen122
Jun-27-2004, 2:58pm
Like that idea I already got some tunes written can't wait to put 'em up. I wrote this great reel really tough too. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Harrmob
Jun-27-2004, 4:17pm
Night Night Time is an original, but I do not have any written music for it. Sorry it is such a big file, I finally figured out how to make them smaller.

Dfyngravity
Jun-30-2004, 10:30am
im up for it...i've got some stuff i would like to post