PDA

View Full Version : Adal #3

Andy Nichols
May-20-2008, 8:50pm
Here are a few pictures of my latest project ADAL #3 (Stew- Mac Kit). One day when my ship comes in and i can retire and have a shop with all the tools maybe i can build one from a block of wood, but as for now i will have to use the kits. If my craftmanship could just be close to some of the builders that I've seen on the cafe I'll be happy. Thanks to John Gathright for all your help.
Andy

Andy Nichols
May-20-2008, 8:58pm
another picture

Andy Nichols
May-20-2008, 9:00pm
picture number three

mandoforme
May-20-2008, 10:42pm
Nice job!

Mark Walker
May-21-2008, 6:39am
Coming from someone who can't cut a 2x4 square (me), that looks great! Keep up the good woodwork! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Kirk Albrecht
May-21-2008, 6:56am
Pretty nice job!

Where do you get the inlay for your headstock? Do you cut your name yourself, or do you buy it? I need to do this on a Siminoff kit I have.

Thanks,

Kirk Albrecht

JEStanek
May-21-2008, 7:10am
Looks great to me. You should take pride in your work and realize you are your worst critic.

Jamie

Ken Olmstead
May-21-2008, 7:22am
It looks like you did a nice job to me! I have held a couple pretty ugly stew-mac kits that is for sure. Yours does not look like those at all! Even the ugly builds that I have seen had a good sound, how did yours come out in the sound dept?

Skip Kelley
May-21-2008, 7:34am
The mandolin looks great! Really nice flame in the back! Time to start another!!

Stephanie Reiser
May-21-2008, 8:34am
Nice job, Andy!
Is that a Mahogany neck?

seththedude
May-21-2008, 2:50pm
I really like the color job. When I make my kit eventually, I would love to have a simple tan brown colored very much like yours.

How is the sound?

B. T. Walker
May-21-2008, 4:23pm
Looks pretty nice to me, too. #No reason not to feel a sense of accomplishment. Good job.

Andy Nichols
May-21-2008, 5:49pm
The neck is maple .I'm satified with the sound.My daughter says it is more woody than the first two.First Quality pre-cuts the inlay for me.thought someone would ssk what ADAL stood for.I'll explain . A-Andy thats me .D-Debbie my wife. A-my oldest daughter.L-Leah my youngest daughter.
The last suit you'll wear won't need no pockets

Rick Crenshaw
May-24-2008, 9:53am
It looks like you did a nice job to me! I have held a couple pretty ugly stew-mac kits that is for sure. Yours does not look like those at all! Even the ugly builds that I have seen had a good sound, how did yours come out in the sound dept?
Who are you? and when did I let you hold my mandolin? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Yonkle
Jun-25-2008, 2:18am
Don't knock your work just because a few people helped you out with some of the work at Stewmac. It still takes a lot of time and skill to make an F5 like yours even if it is a kit. Nothing wrong with the woods stewmac uses, top notch all the way. You did a good job too, fit and finish look very good. A well build Stewmac mandolin will sound excellent, why would it not? Keep it up! JD