PDA

View Full Version : Collings a - varnish

maplebaby
May-13-2008, 2:46pm
I've had this mando about a year now and I really like it. #I kind of prefer the A - same great tone and a simple look. #Thanks for watching, dale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-bUzFr9GM

Ken Olmstead
May-13-2008, 2:55pm
It sounds great Dale! You are quite prolific with 114 videos!! It will take a while to watch them but I am lookin forward to it. Real nice mando sound too! Thanks! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

maplebaby
May-14-2008, 9:07pm
thanks for the kind words, i appreciate you watching, dale.

bradeinhorn
May-14-2008, 9:14pm
sounds great...more reason to waste time on youtube, just what i need.

sgarrity
May-14-2008, 9:17pm
I love your playing on both guitar and mando. You have a nice collection too

Mastertone08
May-14-2008, 10:21pm
Dale,

Wonderful rendition of Bluegrass Twist - inspiring to say the least. I'd love to hear your work accompanied by a full bluegrass band.

You are getting 110% out of the MT2V. Great sound! Some questions please:

1) Top and back/side woods?

2) Strings?

Many thanks,

Dave

maplebaby
May-15-2008, 5:36am
thanks all for taking time to watch and I appreciate the kind feedback.

Dave the strings are Thomastic and it has birdseye maple back and sides with an adi top. #I've never used these strings on this mando before and wanted to give it a try, I love the feel of these strings. #thanks for asking, dale.

Kevin Briggs
May-15-2008, 6:32am
Nice sounding mandolin! The tone really comes through when you start remoling in the third round of the song. I'll bet it's a bit more beasty with some J74s or 75s?

Bill Snyder
May-15-2008, 9:36am
Dale,
I enjoyed watching/listening to some of your videos. When I have the time I will check out more of them. I think it is great that you and your children play together.
Do you have any of your songs available for download, like on Soundclick or a similar site?

mandopete
May-15-2008, 9:51am
Hard to beat the tone on those Collings A styles.

Nice playing!

maplebaby
May-15-2008, 10:44am
thanks again to each of you for taking time to watch and your kind feedback and questions. #It means a aweful lot coming from this group!

The Briggadier - you are exactly right - these strings bring out a darker tone to my ear.

Curious - thanks for asking, i recorded a CD last year, all guitar though, just wanted to get some things recorded, about 11 tracks i think.

mandopete - thanks for the kind words, i am happy with the A, all i'll ever need and more.

Steve Perry
May-15-2008, 11:53am
Dang, Dale!... #You play mandolin too. #Nice job on those tunes.

Your neighbor from the other end of the BG Parkway....

maplebaby
May-15-2008, 8:51pm
hey Steve! hope all is well - great to hear from you - thanks for the kind words, dale.

Patrick Sylvest
May-19-2008, 8:54pm
Nice stuff Dale! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Reid Morsi
May-20-2008, 3:17am
Great video Dale, you certainly are able to get great tone out of your collings. I really love those MT2-V's in blonde with the Birdseye Maple, you really have a beautiful instrument there. Collings does a beautiful sunburst, but there is just something about there Blondes that seems special. Can't wait to get my Blonde MF sometime here in the near future.

maplebaby
May-20-2008, 5:35am
Cayenne - thanks for watching and I sure appreciate the kind words!

Mando Morsi - Thanks for taking time to watch and I appreciate your kind feedback. I am very happy with this mando and it is more than I deserve, but plan to put some miles on it over the years. Please let me know if/when you pick the right one for you! I'd love to see it.

dale

John Hill
May-20-2008, 7:25am
Nice playing and great tone on that Collings. I never would have guessed TI's on it...so much for lack of volume from them.

maplebaby
May-20-2008, 10:32am
thanks John - I appreciate you watching - and i love your quote from Homer!