PDA

View Full Version : What's the diff in wegen picks

Troyer
May-11-2008, 3:16pm
I have a Wegen bluegrass pick which is a standard guitar style shaped pick.It has speed bevel on it and I really like it but was wondering if there is any differance with TF 140. I know it's more of a triangle shape but is the point any different than what I have?
Thanks Don

earthsave
May-11-2008, 8:20pm
Just from the pictures I've seen, the TF140 has a considerable point when compared to the mandolin picks.

I use the M150 and the bevel and point is perfect.

Brandon Flynn
May-11-2008, 8:40pm
The TF-140 will be bigger, but with the point being similar. I like wider, bigger picks for mandolin playing. Many mandolin players like the rounded dawg shape like the M150, but I like the point on TF-140. The size will be the main difference in feel, more pick to hold. But the actual pick attack should be about the same, I would think. I love the 140s, by the way. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Carleton Page
May-11-2008, 9:16pm
I have the Bluegrass picks, tf120, Tf140, Cf140,M150, and M100. I like them all a real lot. I think the Bluegrass and Tf140 are similar in they have the holes and the point. They are different in that the Bluegrass seems faster but a litle sharper and thinner sounding. It is not a huge difference, but I can hear it. I can't compare the point, because I don't have the bg picks with me. I think the Cf140 is int the middle feel wise, which makes since it is in betwen the two size wise. As a side note I also love the m100 and M150 they all seem good for different styles and sounds. I found it amazed me how "fast" the BG picks feel to me. I tend to prefer it for guitar though. I really love the Wegens I have.

Daniel Wheeler
May-11-2008, 11:42pm
Being a guitar player that happens to make noise on mando I love the tf 140 much more than the m 150. But that's me

Troyer
May-12-2008, 5:07am
Thanks for the info.
Guess I'll try some other style of wegen picks and see what does it for me.

Brad Weiss
May-12-2008, 5:33am
The BG Wegen feels a bit pointier to me, simply because the angle is a little more acute than it is on the 140. I like my CF 140s from Greg Boyd's; not as big as the TFs, nice feel, good qualities of both the BG and TF 140.