PDA

View Full Version : Classified woes

recon
May-01-2008, 7:47pm
Anyone else suffering from a lack of interest in your classified ads? That is, little or no inquiries. I can't wait for everyone to get their economic stimulus check from our pals at the IRS.

catmandu2
May-01-2008, 8:14pm
No, we're not in a R-------- ; merely an economic slowdown*

(*euphamism for recession)

man dough nollij
May-01-2008, 8:36pm
I can't wait for everyone to get their economic stimulus check from our pals at the IRS.
MASSA. MAS Subsidy Allowance.

Richard Russell
May-01-2008, 8:41pm
Yes, I've had slow response or no response to some of my ads in the past. but, I have always had success in selling the item as long as first, the price was right for the item and second, I was patient enough for the buyer to come along and willing to answer their questions and help them to know exactly what they are buying. Some items sell immediately and some take days or weeks to sell.

The great thing about the mandolincafe classifieds is the HUGE buying market that can read our ads!

Dave Harbst
May-01-2008, 8:43pm
My opinion is that there are just so many mandolins in the market these days, compared to perhaps 20 years ago. Maybe it's a lesson in simple economics: supply vs. demand. Couple that with a slow economy and that may help to explain the lack of interest to which you refer.
Hang in there and hope for a change, such as is being suggested by our politicians.(Yeah, sure!)