PDA

View Full Version : I have magical mind powers

Daniel Wheeler
Apr-30-2008, 4:51pm
Ok so we all know about the black hole our picks fall into right? There are a few threads on it if you aren't familiar. Anyway I was on the phone a few weeks ago with a great guitar builder and he happened to have called while I was playing guitar so I still had my wegen in my hand. Now mind you this is the only Tf 140 I have so as I'm talking to him I realize I no longer have my pick in my hand where it was a few minutes before (the pick gremlins are getting bold) so after hanging up the phone I search high and lo but no pick. I even straightened up my room so I could find it but still no pick. So anyway my room is now clean as a whistle no clothes anywhere but as I said no pick. Well it really perplexed me as to where it went considering I never left my room. Well for 2 weeks I have thought about and looked for the pick as I like it on guitar better than the m 150. Well this morning I woke up and already had it on the brain because it was really bugging me so I jokingly thought if only I had magical mind powers I could snatch my pick from the depths of the abyss that is where picks go to die. So I come back from the shower and sit down on my bed and glance at my dresser by my lamp and what do you know...a black wegen tf 140 sitting in plain view. So the only explanation....I have magical mind powers.

Pray for me...finals lurk in the not so distant future as you can tell its taking its toll

Andrew DeMarco
Apr-30-2008, 5:11pm
the gremlins may be taking your picks so as to encourage you to study.

Doug Edwards
Apr-30-2008, 5:11pm
I've had many simular experiences with my dial caliper on my workbench. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Dale Ludewig
Apr-30-2008, 6:25pm
What were you smoking? (just kidding) Did you leave your room for those two weeks?

Daniel Wheeler
Apr-30-2008, 9:52pm
Lol this was just my venture into the non sensical. But its true nonetheless.

I have really good grades and don't smoke http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

My mommy is so proud.

Ok

Back to Cal

Ivan Kelsall
May-01-2008, 2:20am
I think that soemtimes our brains 'run on automatic' so that we're not really THINKING of what we're doing,we're just doing it. You happened to 'transit' between 2 distinct points,
1) when you were playing your guitar.
2) when you answered the phone.
The transition between one point & the other went un-noticed,that's the point at which you mislaid your pick,you 'automatically' put it down,but it didn't register on your 'concious' mind.
This sort of thing happens all the time to people. It certainly happens to me if i'm distracted from something i'm deeply engrossed in,especially my Mandolin playing. I usually have a couple of pick handy 'just in case' - i wish i knew where the darn things were,
Saska

Snakebeard Jackson
May-01-2008, 9:07am
I believe

CES
May-01-2008, 9:26am
Dude, you've got ESPN http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif