PDA

View Full Version : Merlefest

Devitt
Apr-21-2008, 5:36pm
The festival seasons kickoff is Merlefest.( for me)....over 100 bands , a dozen stages and all the best will be there....plus regional acts and others you just don't see much...always a new find and we've done ten years...enjoy festival season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spinaker
Apr-21-2008, 6:55pm
I'll be there starting Thurs. afternoon. Can't wait!

Ken Berner
Apr-21-2008, 8:54pm
After attending the last two years, I'll miss this one. The only reason is a reunion with nine of my Marine pals, most I've not seen in 51 years! Be sure to catch MandoMania, as it is a real treat. I've met a couple of Mandolin Cafe regulars at MerleFest, so keep your eyes peeled.

f5loar
Apr-21-2008, 9:13pm
It's amazing the number of pro mandolin pickers that can assemble at one festival for a few days. Here is the mando line up at MerleFest this year:
Ricky Skaggs,Marty Stuart,Sam Bush,Mike Compton,Rhonda Vincent,Eric Robertson, Ethan Ballinger,Sharon Gilchrist, Ralph Stanley III,Darin Aldridge,Dan Tymaminski,Adam Steffy,Shawn Lane,Jason Norris,Warron Hood,Guthrie Trapp,Tony Williamson,Levon Helm,Jason Cunningham,Sierra Hull,Rebbecca Lovell,Jesse Cobb,James Nash,Barry Mitterhoff,Tom Rozum,Jason Thomas,Andy May and Tim O'Brien.
No shortage of mando giants at MerleFest this or any year for that matter. As always try and make the Mando-mania headed up by Tony Williamson with about half of the above pickers with their mandolins only!

birdman98
Apr-21-2008, 9:42pm
I wish.

What a lineup! It's like the '27 Yankees of mando world...without the pinstripes.

Lane Pryce
Apr-22-2008, 8:09am
I'm going to miss this one as well. I just had 7 day stay in the hospital. I'm feeling plenty strong now but I couldn't get off of work to attend. I've not missed one in five years or so. Really going to miss the pickin. For those of you who will be going the first time be sure to attend the mandolin contest and mando-mania. Could be the highlight of your trip!! Lp

jhbaylor
Apr-22-2008, 11:52am
Yeah, this year's lineup is ridiculous with the great pickers...I am going out on thursday and saturday. That should let me catch Marty Stuart, Jesse Cobb, Shawn Lane and Old Crow on thursday, and as much Compton as I can on saturday including the mania. I am bringin my video camera this year for the mando mania. It's gonna be great!

Jonathan James
Apr-22-2008, 9:27pm
For all of you from the Cafe who are attending M'Fest, maybe we can meet up at the corner of the stage for MandoMania on Saturday afternoon to connect some names & faces!