PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the classifieds?

Caleb
Apr-16-2008, 11:20am
When I click on the "Classifieds" section it no longer takes me to the place to choose catagories, etc, but now it takes me directly to a random ad. Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it's just my computer?

Gutbucket
Apr-16-2008, 11:31am
Yup, me too. It just started doing this.

sboneill
Apr-16-2008, 11:33am
It seems to be working for me now...

-S

Steve L
Apr-16-2008, 11:40am
I noticed this yesterday.

MikeEdgerton
Apr-16-2008, 11:47am
I'll let Scott know, it's happening to me as well.

scgc.om
Apr-16-2008, 12:28pm
" . . . but now it takes me directly to a random ad."

I noticed the change BUT disagree that it's "a random ad". Seems to be taking me to the most recently placed ads. Actually, I kinda like this "feature"! You can still choose to isolate ads you want, BUT 1st you get to browse what's new to the Classifieds.

So I'd say keep the change - it's no slower to do a specific search than it was before . . . AND one gets to 1st check new "newly listed", if one so chooses.

TomTyrrell
Apr-16-2008, 12:32pm
Seems to be the link inside the forum that is doing this search. The button on the main menu works as always.

mrmando
Apr-16-2008, 12:45pm
" . . . but now it takes me directly to a random ad."

I noticed the change BUT disagree that it's "a random ad". Seems to be taking me to the most recently placed ads. Actually, I kinda like this "feature"! You can still choose to isolate ads you want, BUT 1st you get to browse what's new to the Classifieds.
Right, it's not random, it's just a full view of the most recent ads.

Milan Christi
Apr-16-2008, 1:02pm
It's been happening to me, too - as recently as a minute ago. Not a big deal but I'm a systems guy so I thought you'd appreciate the feedback.

MikeEdgerton
Apr-16-2008, 1:28pm
It's not a bug, it's a feature that Scott added to show the most recent 30 ads. It's the same as if you select 30 in full view.

Eddie Sheehy
Apr-16-2008, 2:39pm
A "bug" is an undocumented enhancement.
A "feature" is a "bug" with seniority.....

Milan Christi
Apr-16-2008, 3:20pm
Oh - NOW I get it - you gotta s-c-r-o-l-l down.
Old habits die hard - I was accustomed to seeing the home page for the classifieds. Color me stupid.

MikeEdgerton
Apr-16-2008, 3:22pm
For anyone that longs for the old menu use this (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi) link.

delsbrother
Apr-16-2008, 4:46pm
You can also choose a view from the pulldown menu.