PDA

View Full Version : A new book -the mandolin project

Graham McDonald
Apr-08-2008, 5:04am
It is with some pleasure, and not a little trepidation, that I can announce that the first copies of The Mandolin Project, my new book on building mandolins, will be arriving from the printer tomorrow. It will be available in ring bound #(for the workshop) and perfect bound (for the library) formats. There is information about what is in the book and how to buy a copy at www.the mandolinproject.info (http://www.themandolinproject.info)

The book describes the building of four different types on mandolin from a basic flat top to a carved A style. The introductory chapter as well as an extensive section on the history of mandolin construction can be downloaded as pdfs from the website to give you a taste of the rest of it.

At the moment it will only be available from the website, #but StewMac and LMI should have copies as soon as I get some printed in the US.

cheers

graham

Tracy Ballinger
Apr-08-2008, 5:46am
Congratulations! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Jim Garber
Apr-08-2008, 6:43am
Hi Graham:
Congratulations! I know that this is a labor of love, but I hope you do well with it financially and otherwise.

sunburst
Apr-08-2008, 8:31am
I can only imagine the time and effort that went into that! Congratulations!

David Newton
Apr-08-2008, 8:35am
Congratulations Graham.
Almost anyone can build a mandolin, but a book is something on a higher level.
I'm looking forwarding to reading it.

JEStanek
Apr-08-2008, 9:21am
Congratulations and Good Luck! I bet that's a satisfying feeling to have that completed.

Jamie

John Zimm
Apr-08-2008, 9:50am
Congratulations. I hope the printing process goes smoothly and that your book does well. So far I'm really enjoying the history chapter. I need to find out more about that Ziryab.

-John.

amowry
Apr-08-2008, 11:01am
Thanks Graham! I look forward to reading it. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of your previous book.

Clif Wayland
Apr-08-2008, 11:26am
I have read your first book several times. in fact fact it's probably time to give it another read, just for fun!
Congratulations on your second book! I will getting it soon!
Clif

thistle3585
Apr-08-2008, 1:25pm
I look forward to it too. Can't decide on the spiral bound or the regular bound style. Any thoughts about selling it as an ebook that can be downloaded in a PDF format? Saves on the shipping.

Andrew

violin2233
Apr-08-2008, 6:03pm
Congratz!!! Give me an email and maybe I can help sell some too..

crazymandolinist
Apr-08-2008, 9:08pm
Hmm, I'll look into getting me a copy soon. Good idea making it in ring binding too, that's really thinking ahead.