PDA

View Full Version : Pomeroy 114

Siminole
Apr-04-2008, 3:47pm
Well I am having an early Christmas. The new F5 that Don Paine crafted for me is finally in my hands, and it is a beautiful instrument. Very old Englemenn top with solid maple back and sides. I only played the Pomeroy for about 2 hours last night and it is fantastic, clear as a bell and very mellow, very impressive substain, and plays with ease.

This is my first new mandolin ever, I have purchased a preowned Eastman and also a preowned Kentucky 675 Korean, both of which I have enjoyed. But to have one custom crafted just as you spec, WOW.

I will try to post pictures, I am not very good with computers or camera's but will attempt.

Al

Siminole
Apr-04-2008, 3:49pm
I am doing the best I know how with posting these pictures, but seems I can only do one at a time......

Al

Siminole
Apr-04-2008, 3:51pm
One more view and I'll stop.

Thanks for your patience.

Al http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Brandon Flynn
Apr-04-2008, 3:59pm
Nice. I'm jelous of all knew mandos. Looks great. Does it have a radiused fingerboard?

Eric F.
Apr-04-2008, 4:02pm
Congratulations, Al! Don makes a fine mandolin.

Siminole
Apr-04-2008, 4:05pm
Yes the fingerboard is radius and the neck is slightly V'ed, very easy to hold and move around on the neck, I really like what Don had done with that.

Al

Chris Biorkman
Apr-04-2008, 4:30pm
Really nice. Congrats!

Skip Kelley
Apr-05-2008, 7:35am
Beautiful mandolin! Don does a great job on his satin finishes!

Jonathan James
Apr-05-2008, 7:38am
Don is a real gem. His mandos are great to look at and sound extremely good, particularly as they open up.

Andy Nichols
Apr-07-2008, 8:27pm
One more view and I'll stop.

Thanks for your patience.

Al # # #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Very nice.I also like the satin finish.I'm in the process of building my third stew- mac f-5. I'm going to attempt a satin finish on it.

Andy in Arkansas

JEStanek
Apr-07-2008, 9:13pm
That looks wonderful. Congrats and enjoy it!

Jamie

Truckadero
May-07-2008, 10:13am
Beautiful. I own Don's #93 and can't tell you how much it keeps opening up and getting better with play. I really like the color he added to your headstock in-lay. Mine is similar, but more subdued. Keep on pickin'!

Jake Wildwood
May-07-2008, 1:22pm
Though not usually an F fan, this one has "that look." I'm really finding the tasteful inlay on the headstock very appealing, as well as the finish.

Jim Kasperson
May-07-2008, 3:24pm
Nice! I too, particularly like the headstock inlay. I am not usually a fan af satin finishes but yours looks really deep and rich.
Kasper

markishandsome
May-07-2008, 9:19pm
Pretty!

B. T. Walker
May-08-2008, 10:31pm
A very nice looking mandolin. really like the headstock inlay.