PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to the board

scadgrad
Apr-01-2008, 3:21pm
Howdy friends and neighbors,

I found this board a few weeks back and I've finally moved out of lurker mode. I'm an old flat top guy (32 years or so of pickin') who finally got around to the mandolin and Irish Tenor Banjo (very new to this one, but it works very well in our small 3-piece ITM group). I played a solo acoustic gig for many years before going on to grad school and I'm now a college prof who still picks a bit for fun. Guess I'm more of a singer than anything really. I'm a big fan of ITM and BG (grew up in rural East TN so you can't really avoid it I suppose) and get together w/ friends for the odd session or two. At any rate, I'm thrashing around for the now on a MK Legacy Dragonfly and finding that the years of flat top translates over reasonably well. I'm planning on playin' the MK for another year or more and then I'd love to get a Weber.

JEStanek
Apr-01-2008, 3:26pm
Welcome to the Café, Tony. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We answer the same ones frequently but often the answers change over time. We've got a few members who live in the Richmond, VA area.

Jamie

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-01-2008, 3:44pm
You come to the right place, and a Weber is a great choice.