PDA

View Full Version : Head's Up ... Great Mando In Classifieds

WJF
Feb-04-2004, 6:22pm
Just a friendly "heads up" to those of you who might be looking for a cure (however temporary) for acute MAS ...

I just noticed a Garrity mandolin for sale over in the classifieds. John was kind enough to have loaned this one to me for awhile while he's building mine so I can personally attest to the fact that it is a *great* instrument ... aesthetically breathtaking and with a sound to match!! The picture in the ad comes no where close to capturing it's beauty.

With a portion of the sale going to the Mandolin Symposium Scholarship Fund you can support a worthy cause and get that MAS monkey off your back for a while.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

WJF

PS ... Usual Disclaimer Applies ... no financial interest here ... hopefully just helping a great mandolin find a loving home!

Feb-04-2004, 6:27pm
WJF....being a fan of John's work i noticed that beauty too. Can you give any additional comments about the sound/playability? How is the low end?

WJF
Feb-05-2004, 11:55am
Hi Spare Change ...

The sound is intoxicating ... my wife, a woman who is so jaded its not funny when it comes to mandolins noticed it right away so that in and of itself is one heck of an endorsement!

Low end is wonderful ... high end crystal clear and everything in between well balanced. This mando will give some lucky person an incredible tonal pallette to work with. It was no slouch in the volume department either.

I've played (and own) mandolins costing a lot more than John's and his hangs right in there with them. At his asking price I think it's one heck of a bargain!!

Hope this helps ...

WJF

Lee
Feb-05-2004, 12:08pm
I don't see it in the Classifieds. Someone snap it up already??

Tom C
Feb-05-2004, 12:46pm
It's there. I had the chance to check it out while it was in Waynes possession.
Absolutely gorgeous. That pic doesnot do it justice. It plays and sounds great.
Also, if you have not heard WSF pick, you should check out out2lunch. Great mando harmonies. Where have you been wayne? See you tonight??

Feb-12-2004, 10:12pm
Over the last couple of days I have had the pleasure of listening to a Sound File of this mandolin. I was struck by the clarity and depth of tone from this instrument. This is a well balanced, rich, powerful mandolin. The thing that stood out with the last one of John's I saw was just how smoothly it played. John is masterful and has a great intuitive touch when it comes to playability. Do any of you folks know how much a deposit is for one of these? Sweet sounding mando.

mandoluthier1
Feb-13-2004, 11:24am
Hi, Dennis,
I'm pleased to say that the blacktop is on it's way to a customer in Virginia as we speak. Thanks for the nice review, by the way. Wish you could have played this one, it incorporated some changes suggested by Mike Marshall and she really sings. Of course, when in the hands of a player of Wayne's caliber, as on the mp3, how can you go wrong?
Deposit is typical, third/third/third, and wait time right now is 9 months.
John

KTB
Feb-17-2004, 8:30am
I'm the lucky owner in Va. This mando is top notch in all respects-workmanship,tone,volume,balance,clarity,playabilit y,
etc. I highly recommend John Garrity to anyone who wants a great mando without having to pay a five figure price.

Feb-17-2004, 9:21pm
KTB...congrats on the new mando. From what i have seen of John's work and what i heard on the recording of yours it must be one fine instrument. Great price too. Keep hoping i can find a way to afford one myself. Enjoy!

Dennis Benjamin
U.S. distributor of Pavel Sucek Mandolins...