PDA

View Full Version : www.voightmandolins.com

Dan Voight
Mar-26-2008, 11:34pm
Hi everyone. I just got my new web site (http://www.voightmandolins.com) (www.voightmandolins.com) up and I was interested in some feedback on it. I made a deal with a fellow cafe member to do a partial refinish on a mandolin for a way cool web page in turn. Let me know what you think.

Brad H
Mar-27-2008, 6:06am
Very good! I'm not a website officianato by a mile, but I thought the layout was efficient and the design was just right for the kind of product you have. The media player loaded and performed excellent on my slower laptop too. Your playing is just fantastic! It was well worth the trade in work. I traded one of my mandolins for work on my website. You should be proud!

Kevin Briggs
Mar-27-2008, 6:36am
I think it's a great site, Dan. It makes a lot of sense when I look at it, which is about the best I can say being as web site ignorant as I am.

Thanks for your hard work!

Bertram Henze
Mar-27-2008, 6:59am
The homepage shows a slight misalignment on the right frame edge in Firefox (in IE7 it looks correct).
Everything else is cool. I like the image viewer.

Bertram

billhay4
Mar-27-2008, 10:17am
bertram is right about the frame misalignment.
Nice site! Easy to navigate. Good pics. Well thought out.
Bill

Mark Walker
Mar-27-2008, 10:50am
Dan - well contructed - just like your mandolins! I like it; looks fine on I.E.

Keep up the good work.

Mandolusional
Mar-27-2008, 1:28pm
Thanks for sharing the link, it's nice to see your work and philosophy.

Albert Whiting
Mar-27-2008, 1:42pm
The site looks great, but the only question I have is how does someone try one of your mandolins? I havent seen any around.

Dan Voight
Mar-27-2008, 2:18pm
The site looks great, but the only question I have is how does someone try one of your mandolins? I havent seen any around.
I've only built 4 mandolins. If your in the NYC area you're in luck because #3 & 4 were sold to Brad and Elio who live over there. Other than that, I offer a trial period on any completed instrument that I have. I'll also be getting out to more festivals etc. Right now, I'm applying for the Mandolin Symposium scholarship and if I get it, I'll be out in CA this summer.

bradeinhorn
Mar-27-2008, 2:58pm
yup - anyone in nyc interested- come check em out.

Jonathan Peck
Mar-27-2008, 3:08pm
Well considering Elio has been playing a pretty nice early Monteleone for as long as I've known him...I'd say that's a pretty fair compliment.

Brandon Flynn
Mar-27-2008, 5:11pm
Excellent website. Easy to navigate and find everything I would want to know about a builder and his instruments. The sound clips are great, your mandolins have excellent tone. It looks like I may be ordering a mando from you ASAP, probably a year or two. You've built four mandolins, do the first 10 customers get a free mando?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Do you do radiused fingerboards?
Brandon

Dan Voight
Mar-27-2008, 5:43pm
Possibly a free T shirt with a purchase http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif . Yes, I do (and prefer) radiused boards.

Steve-o
Mar-27-2008, 8:51pm
Nice web site Dan. I like it. Love your sound clips too. Do you ever allow visitors to your shop? I get down in your neck of the woods every 3 months or so.

PatrickH
Mar-27-2008, 9:18pm
Nice job on the site, quick and easy navigation, for sure. Nice looking mandolins at very affordable prices.

Some suggestions you may want to consider is to provide more particulars about the instruments (dimensions, fingerboard radius, tuners used, nut material, finish etc) and if a case is included or not. Forgive me if you included this stuff, I did not see it if you did.

Love your A-style. Looks very similar to the Nugget/Collings TOB model.

Dan Voight
Mar-27-2008, 11:25pm
Nice web site Dan. #I like it. Love your sound clips too. #Do you ever allow visitors to your shop? #I get down in your neck of the woods every 3 months or so.
Please visit. Just drop me an email if you're planning on comming. Bring the Poe and we can do a little picking.

bradeinhorn
Mar-27-2008, 11:26pm
thanks,

that's kind of what we were going for. tim's nug and my old john sullivan a-5.

b

Dan Voight
Mar-27-2008, 11:29pm
Nice job on the site, quick and easy navigation, for sure. Nice looking mandolins at very affordable prices.

Some suggestions you may want to consider is to provide more particulars about the instruments (dimensions, fingerboard radius, tuners used, nut material, finish etc) and if a case is included or not. Forgive me if you included this stuff, I did not see it if you did.

I thought about being more specific but it seems as if everyone is looking for something different... That also could potentially be a very long list because I basically offer anything I can get my hands on. I havent really standardized a nut material, tuners, etc. although I have my preferences.

Brandon Flynn
Mar-28-2008, 8:23am
Possibly a free T shirt with a purchase http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif . Yes, I do (and prefer) radiused boards.
A free t-shirt is enough incentive to buy a $3000 mandolin for me! When I get the money...

bradeinhorn
Mar-28-2008, 11:46am
hey dan - where's my t-shirt??? elio will want one too...

Dan Voight
Mar-28-2008, 3:37pm
hey dan - where's my t-shirt??? elio will want one too...
Still looking for a good place to get 'em done.

mdmaynard
Mar-28-2008, 4:08pm
Nice site, have the same issue as the others using firefox, a slight misalignment, but other than that. Easy flowing site, nice images, very nicely done.

Dan Voight
Mar-28-2008, 10:17pm
Thanks everyone. I'll post some pics soon of the refinish job I did in trade for the site.