PDA

View Full Version : Jade photos

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:45am
We are back at work making shaving and getting new mandolins out the door after a long Chinese New Year break. How about a Jade with a sunburst? All the mandolins in the photos are sold.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:46am
Another of the sunburst.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:48am
Another....

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:49am
Here is the back.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:55am
Final of the sunburst.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 12:10pm
The finisher does some antiqued violins and the mandolin maker wanted to try a couple. We did an A and an F in this finish. I am not crazy about it. Tell me what you think. Anyway, we gave it a try.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 12:12pm
Antique number 2

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 12:14pm
Antique number 3

Mandolusional
Mar-26-2008, 12:31pm
Lookin' good! I do like the antique finish- at least judging from the photos.

tkdboyd
Mar-26-2008, 12:43pm
I second the antique finish, looks sharp. Has there been any discussion about price on Jade mandolins?

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 1:08pm
As for pricing, since these are still prototypes, the price on them does not reflect on how the production models will be priced. All the F's in this last batch are sold and the bulk of them went to Dennis Vance at The Mandolin Store and to my warranty repairman, Ed Dye in Abilene, Texas. These prototypes will be selling in the $999.00 range. Production models will be somewhat higher with a retail price of $1400-$1500 with dealer discounts off of that. Please contact these gentlemen for details on the Jades. Ed's should be at his door by the end of the week and Dennis' will be shipped from here tomorrow and he should see them the middle of next week. Also, I think Steven Perry has one at Gianna Violins in Tennessee.
I have been pleased with our progress and improvements to this point. What I am most pleased with are the great reports I am getting from Jade owners.
Tuesday I was in the mandolin shop and we were working on tweaking the tone bars on a couple of mandolin tops. I sat at the bench and did some work to lighten the bars. We are not static in what we are doing with the mandolins. I am hands on in the shop and starting with these new production models all the tops will be signed underneath by the builders and me. This is evidence that Jade mandolins are being hand made and that this is a collaborative work between my builders and myself.

Sheryl McDonald
Mar-26-2008, 1:27pm
The finisher does some antiqued violins and the mandolin maker wanted to try a couple. We did an A and an F in this finish. I am not crazy about it. Tell me what you think. Anyway, we gave it a try.
I like this look. I'd like to see it in an A style.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 9:37pm
Here are some of the antiqued A.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 9:38pm
Jade A antique.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 9:42pm
The back of the A.

JEStanek
Mar-26-2008, 9:46pm
Bob, I prefer the antique looks and I also like your A style headstock. Congratulations, these look really nice.

Jamie

atetone
Mar-26-2008, 10:56pm
Nice looking mandos. Nice woods. I like the colours too.
I have to say though that I still do not understand the whole "distressing" thing.
I am not passing opinions here on anyone elses' sense of aesthetics but it just doesn't work for me.
I know that lots of people like it though.
It will probably really appeal to those people.

Bob McRee
Mar-26-2008, 11:11pm
atetone, I tend to agree with you, however to sell mandolins you have to try and meet the market demands. I have been asked to make a few like these. That being said, I like the sunburst much more or the standard violin varnished models that look new.

atetone
Mar-26-2008, 11:33pm
Bob, I fully agree with you that you should build what people want.
Lots of people love the distressed look and if that is what appeals to them then that is what they should be able to get.
I have some old mandos here that are far from pristine and I like the "character" rubs and chips etc... it is just that I can't convince myself to warm up to a new distressed one. I have tried to see the attraction but it is just not for me.
Maybe if I actually got one in my hands it might grow on me.
Anyway, if the demand is there then keep on building them. You are giving people what they want.
AND, those look like well built mandos.

Caleb
Mar-27-2008, 12:49am
Bob -- Nice work. I REALLY like the antique look and would snatch one up in a minute were I in the market. I really hope that you do well in the mando business.

birdman98
Mar-27-2008, 2:24am
Another vote for the antique.....S-W-E-E-T!

h2o-X
Mar-27-2008, 10:05am
I like the distressed look. Yours looks very natural, not contrived or over done.

Do you have any plans to build oval holes in the future? I sure would like to see one of your F4's.

Bob McRee
Mar-27-2008, 10:45am
The builder just sent me a photo on my phone of our first F4 body which is being built now. I am looking for it to be completed in 4-6 weeks. I was in the shop Tuesday and the oval hole F and A are looking good. I will be back in the shop Saturday and will get some photos. I am very surprised at the interest and positive comments on the distressed look. Shows what I know!

acousticphd
Mar-27-2008, 12:12pm
I like the thinner looking finish and sunburst tone of the "antique" version, though I would say lose the "distressed" look and just finish it clean with that lighter burst. Also, thank you for choosing to use the 1-3/16" nut width, radiused board, and big frets - all definitely things I would look for. Please don't neglect to make an A4 too, hopefully with a 12th fret joint.

toddjoles
Mar-28-2008, 12:40pm
I love the distressed look too, but in my opinion, the binding is way to new (bright). All of the old A's and F's I've seen have yellowed bindings and points with dings thoughout the binding. Also there should be strap wear around the scolls and binding.

K3NTUCKI8oy
Mar-30-2008, 2:36pm
this distressing fad is ridiculous to me even gibson mandolins with it look
far worse than most loars i've seen and it does nothing for the sound

Bob McRee
Mar-31-2008, 8:23am
The distressing fad is not only in the mandolin world. Look at the high priced violins that are "distressed" to look old. As for me if I want to buy a new pickup, I want to drive it off the lot shiny and I will get my fair share of scratches and dings driving it through the mesquites and cedars. I will distress it fine myself. That being said, if you were in the business of selling pickups and the trend or fad was buy and new "distressed" pickup. What would you do?

testore
Mar-31-2008, 9:31am
when it's poorly done it looks cheap. When it's done by people who know what old instruments look like it can be quite incredible.

Jim MacDaniel
Mar-31-2008, 9:44am
As for me if I want to buy a new pickup, I want to drive it off the lot shiny and I will get my fair share of scratches and dings driving it through the mesquites and cedars. I will distress it fine myself...
Bingo -- when buying a new mandolin, I would prefer it to look new -- and I will add "character marks" to it just fine all on my own. (Although I suppose one major plus to buying a distressed model is, I wouldn't as likely freak out as much when I put my first ding or scratch in the finish. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif )

Jim MacDaniel
Mar-31-2008, 9:49am
BTW Bob, I like your A-models a lot, and particularly like the headstock. By any chance have you been considering getting rid of the fretboard extensions, at least on the A-models? If so, if you terminate the fretboard with a similar scallop as you have on the top of the A's headstock, that might look really sharp on the A-model.

Desert Rose
Apr-01-2008, 6:56am
The distressed RELIC style instruments are HUGE

The Fender Custom Shop has a seperate area and team doing nothing but these
Like it or not its extremely poplar in many instruments

Bob

Do I assume correctly, thats domestic Chinese maple sure looks like it , fantastic

Scott

Brad Kozak
Apr-23-2009, 10:31am
Bob:

I exhibited at the Dallas Guitar Show and got to see Ed Dye's booth and the Jade mandos. They looked great! I say "looked" rather than "heard" or "played" because the way they had the show set up made it virtually impossible to hear anything, especially regarding tone. I was particularly taken with the the distressed ones - not because they were distressed (although I've got no problem with the "old" look) but because I've never been a big fan of sunburst finishes. It's hard to find a Loar-style f-hole/scroll mando in anything BUT sunburst.

One thing though, and this is going to be incredibly anal and picky. I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I think that your "Jade" inlaid logo on the headstock takes away from the overall look of the instrument. If you look at the original Gibson logo and new brands like "The Loar" and "Kentucky" mandos, the logos all share the same vintage look and feel. I know this is kind of a small thing, but it was the only thing that didn't impress me about the instrument. I think if you did a little more work on the logo and how it is rendered on the instrument, it would turn a minor black eye into a finishing touch. Just my two cents.

viv
Apr-23-2009, 2:24pm
weeelllll.....i'm lovin' the antique finish, personamally. looks very warm and rich, like good whiskey, i'm thinkin.........yum.

Tracy Tucker
Apr-23-2009, 8:45pm
Bob:

I exhibited at the Dallas Guitar Show and got to see Ed Dye's booth and the Jade mandos. They looked great! I say "looked" rather than "heard" or "played" because the way they had the show set up made it virtually impossible to hear anything, especially regarding tone. I was particularly taken with the the distressed ones - not because they were distressed (although I've got no problem with the "old" look) but because I've never been a big fan of sunburst finishes. It's hard to find a Loar-style f-hole/scroll mando in anything BUT sunburst.

OOOH, you got to see my new baby! I'm getting this one in the classifieds listing (no burst - I agree with you!). It will be a week or two before it will arrive - can't wait!

hdismal
Apr-24-2009, 8:19am
Hello,
Saw some Jade mandos on e-bay a few months ago. Loved the non-sunburst finish, and really wanted the 1 3/16 nut width, but I have to say the Jade logo on the peghead really turned me off.
If I want try to play at night after 10/12 life force sucking hours a day in a cubicle, I need any instrument to actually call to me when I look at it on the stand. It needs to say, "I'm beautiful,...let's play" not, "...even though I'm ugly pick me up and play anyway." Not a snob, can't afford to be. My favorite mando ever was a $65 dollar Kay that looked like somebody had refinished it in duct tape, and then ripped it off (taking most of the original finish with it). It had a neck like a baseball bat that was SO comfortable. I think the point I am trying to make is that the grace of the instrument/finish clashes with the awkward logo. Actually hoping to own a Jade in the near future, so please keep'em coming. fare well, h

Tracy Tucker
Apr-24-2009, 9:30am
It's not ornate, but I think it's simple and elegant. I've seen some headstock inlays and logos on very expensive instruments that I reeeeeally dislike! But that's what makes the mandolin world go 'round... individual tastes and preferences. ;)

Capt. E
Apr-24-2009, 9:59am
I know Clay the owner of Fiddlers Green Music Shop in Austin is interested in carrying Jade Mandolins and perhaps the violins as well. I'd love to try one out, but just can't seem to get up to Abilene. Think you might ship Clay a couple? I also like the antique, but the sunburst is pretty nice as well.

Hans_k
Apr-24-2009, 1:43pm
I own a Jade F-style mandolin and it sounds great. I can't say I agree with Brad Kozak as far as the logo is concerned. I like the simplicity of the Jade logo. Brad stated that logos of brands like The Loar and Kentucky all share the same vintage look and feel. Fortunately Jade doesn't, it's unique!
My mandolin: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50179

300win
Apr-24-2009, 3:06pm
The old look I like. I never was one to like a too fancy instrument. Long as they soind and play good, thats what counts.

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-24-2009, 11:34pm
I like 'em all !, I think your Mandolins look wonderful & i personally do like the 'distressed antique' look very much indeed. We've watched the Jade Mandolins develop over quite a while & i think you have a very good instrument indeed - i hope they sell by the shed load,
Saska ;)

Rob Powell
Apr-25-2009, 4:37am
I'd love to try one...especially a "Sam" model.

Road Kill Boy
Apr-25-2009, 10:07pm
I recently purchased a Jade "Sam" model and I was wondering if those have a lacquer finish? It is a great mandolin for the money!
I like the new sunburst finish in your first photos, looks somewhat like my "Sam" model.

Caleb
Apr-26-2009, 10:14am
Different strokes... I happen to think the Jade logo is very classy and well done. The fact that it doesn't look like all the other script logos makes me like it even more.

I'm really sorry I missed the Dallas Guitar Show. If I would have known there were going to be some Jades there I would have went for sure.

hdismal
Apr-27-2009, 10:05am
Hello,
Whether one or another of us likes the logo or not, I think a common thread here is that just about everybody wants to try one, and I am guessing most of us do not live in Texas. Can anyone fill us in on any other dealers and recent updates on supply and demand? Thank you. db

Tracy Tucker
Apr-27-2009, 10:48am
Did a search and came up with some at Gianna's (http://www.giannaviolins.com/mando/JADE.html), and The Mandolin Store (http://www.themandolinstore.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=8713)has a Sam Wide Neck, complete with a sound clip. Also Bob's McRee's blog (http://jademandolins.blogspot.com/) and two happy customers (http://confessionsofafrenchcowgirl.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-new-jade-mandolin.html). Can't get to this one's update (http://www.wayfaringstranger.org/2009/03/) after he received it, though.

Also found a YouTube video.

Tracy Tucker
Apr-27-2009, 10:54am
I think this one is a Jade, too. He has 'Jade' in his tags.

hdismal
Apr-28-2009, 11:56am
Hello,
Has anyone ever seen (or heard tell of) a Jade A with the 1 1/4" nut? Thank you. db

woodwizard
Apr-28-2009, 1:57pm
Hey Bob ... I almost got one of your F oval models from Ed but it sold before I had the chance. Probably shouldn't have took the extra time having Ed email me pics. It sold during the time I was getting the pics. Are you building any F 4-1/2's at this time? I really liked that vintage 20's looking burst on that one Ed had.

texasmandolion
Apr-29-2009, 10:42pm
Yes that youtube video is a Jade. It is number 11 prototype. In the year or so I have had it, it has really opened up nicely!
I like the Jade so well, I am having Bob custom build me another...
Now the "full production" mandolins that I have seen and played (at Ed Dye's shop in Abilene, TX) have been even better than my #11. You can go to my cafe homepage and see some pics of it in the "white".
As soon as I receive it, I will post some pics and possibly do a youtube video on it as well.

If you are considering the Jade Mandolin for your next player, I would recommend it!!!
Do yourself a favor, listen or play one and I guarantee you, you will be reaching for your greenbacks and going home with it.

I recently played a Daley, I thought it was a great mandolin, however, the difference in price was great and the sound was BETTER but not much better. Both mandolins had a lot of the same "feel" to them.

texasmandolion
Apr-29-2009, 10:50pm
If anyone is going to Pearl, TX this Saturday, I will be there with my Jade. Don't hesitate to ask if you would like to play it.

BTW, I don't have any interest in Jade Mandolin. I am just a guy that doesn't mind passing along my thought on the subject.

Tracy Tucker
Apr-30-2009, 4:57am
Thanks for the info! Mine shipped from Ed Dye's on Tuesday, was in Missouri yesterday, and arrived in Columbus, OH this morning (tracking it via UPS). I'll get it tomorrow and I can't wait! Your Jade sounds great, by the way; nice picking! :mandosmiley:

GRW3
Apr-30-2009, 9:15am
I think the antiqueing looks good but I think you need to show your guy some pictures of real distressed mandolins. It kind of looks like he did a fiddle pattern on a mando as it looks to be distressed where you would expect all the rosin to be collected and wiped away.

Bill Snyder
May-01-2009, 7:48am
I don't think the antiqued finish is supposed to look anything like a distressed finish. In my opinion it is MUCH prettier. Distressed finishes are supposed to look old and worn. I don't think the antiqued finish looks old at all, just looks like it was finished with an old process.
I suppose I should add the almost obligatory YMMV. :)

Tracy Tucker
May-01-2009, 7:40pm
It's here, it's here! And man, is it LOUD!!

Back to pickin'... :mandosmiley:

Payit Forward
May-01-2009, 8:04pm
Congrats Tracy!

That is a fine looking mandolin! And a great value.

I was thinking very hard about buying that same mandolin - until I read here that you were getting it.

Looking forward to a detailed report. ;)

Enjoy.

Tracy Tucker
May-01-2009, 8:13pm
Congrats Tracy!

That is a fine looking mandolin! And a great value.

I was thinking very hard about buying that same mandolin - until I read here that you were getting it.

Looking forward to a detailed report. ;)

Enjoy.

He still has the other F, if you're in the market!

Payit Forward
May-01-2009, 8:20pm
I'm afraid I have an aversion to sunburst finishes. That's just me. That antique violin finish is sweet.

Tracy Tucker
May-01-2009, 8:22pm
I'm afraid I have an aversion to sunburst finishes. That's just me. That antique violin finish is sweet.

:)) Me, too, that's why I jumped on this one! It sure is purty!

texasmandolion
May-01-2009, 11:25pm
Your Jade sounds great, by the way; nice picking!
Thanks Tracy! I heard from Ed today and my custom build should be in my sweaty palms in another two weeks... I can hardly wait!!!

texasmandolion
May-01-2009, 11:27pm
Here are the preliminary photos I received from Bob
I haven't seen it with finish on it yet.
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=127

texasmandolion
May-01-2009, 11:28pm
Does anyone else have pics of their Jades?

Tracy Tucker
May-02-2009, 12:08am
Here are the preliminary photos I received from Bob
I haven't seen it with finish on it yet.
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=127

That is going to be beautiful; can't wait to see it with stain. How expensive was it to ship the headstock inlay to China?

Hans_k
May-02-2009, 12:23am
Congratulations with your new mandolin. I've got mine (#36) for about three weeks now, and I couldn 't be happier!

29er
May-02-2009, 5:40am
I bought the oval hole model from Ed. It looks & sounds fantastic but I took it to my local repairman to have a new nut made. No issues here, I just need the string spacing a bit wider & there's room there to do that. I will post some pics when I get it back.

What I really love is the varnish finish. I hate a thick, mirror like finish & this instrument looks like it was made by human hands, which of course, it was :)

Tracy Tucker
May-02-2009, 8:02am
First report...

I don't really know how to describe the sound, as I don't have much to compare it to. It seems very balanced across the strings; I know I hated my Kentucky because the bass side was sadly lacking. The neck is shaped a little differently, and slightly thicker than my Morris - more rounded and less V'd. Will take some getting used to, but it's comfortable. I think the best endorsement is that I was sitting downstairs playing when my husband came in from work late last night, and as he is coming down the stairs he says, "Wow, is that ever loud!" Keep in mind that my husband is a non-player, and tolerates bluegrass for my sake so it's not like he listens to a lot of it and can tell the difference between mandolins. (Plus he's worked in a machine shop for 20+ years and is half deaf! :)))

So those are my initial impressions. As far as cosmetics, it's beautiful. If I were going to nitpick, there are 3 small things wrong with it. It shipped with an armrest, and mine was apparently placed before the finish cured so it's boogered up just a tiny bit from the cork on the back. (But there's going to be a McClung on it anyway.) On the fretboard extension (where no mere mortal plays) the 3 tiny frets are not seated well. And around the treble-side f hole, it looks like the wood splintered just a little when they cut it. I've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, and that's all I can find to complain about. I'll have a Cumberland Acoustics bridge fitted to it down the road somewhere, and have those little frets fixed, and be good to go!

Happy pickin'!

Tracy Tucker
May-02-2009, 8:04am
Congratulations with your new mandolin. I've got mine (#36) for about three weeks now, and I couldn 't be happier!

Wow, I love that color! Looks a little darker than mine. Beautiful!

crazymandolinist
May-02-2009, 10:42am
I want to know how to achieve that antique violin finish NOW! That is the most beautiful finish I've seen.

Sheryl McDonald
May-02-2009, 8:30pm
Does anyone else have pics of their Jades?

I have a Jade A-5 with antiqued finish, I need to take pictures. Yes, it's loud. A guitar player friend was playing his Martin guitar while facing me, and when we got done with our tune, stopped to say: "Wow, usually I can't hear a mandolin, but that one sure is loud."

texasmandolion
May-02-2009, 10:01pm
That is going to be beautiful; can't wait to see it with stain. How expensive was it to ship the headstock inlay to China?

It really wasn't that expensive. I shipped the wood, a set of Gotoh tuners, all the inlay and a Bill James tailpiece at the same time. I bought the Inlay from DePaule Supply http://www.luthiersupply.com
Andy DePaule has some really awesome inlays and he is a great guy to deal with.
When it gets here, I am having Ed put a Randy Wood bridge along with a set-up for me.

Keep the pictures coming! Everyones Jade looks great!!!

Hans_k
Jun-25-2009, 1:30pm
I heard from Ed today and my custom build should be in my sweaty palms in another two weeks... I can hardly wait!!!

Texasmandolin,
It has been a while since your last post in this thread. Are you playing your Jade already?

texasmandolion
Jul-05-2009, 10:31pm
Sorry for the delay, Yes it is awesome!!!
I will get some pics posted soon. I am having camera problems... :(
It is louder than my Gibson Fern F-5. What has amazed me the most is how woody it is right out of the gate. Truly a fine mandolin... The fit and finish are GREAT!!! Bob has outdone himself!!!
I hate to say this, but I don't think Bob charged me enough. It's more compared to a $4-5000.00 mandolin
You will be jealous when I get the picture posted, I'm not sure if the camera will really capture the fantastic grain and flame of the birds-eye.

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-06-2009, 2:49am
It looks as though the Jade Mandolins are coming in for some serious compliments here - they do look terrific i must say. It also seems as though they need to refine the finish detailing a mite
better,which i'm sure they will do. Four years back i bought one of the Gold Star "re-issue" Banjos.They were pretty new off the line at that time & they weren't exactly blemish free (only minor defects however),but they sounded fabulous. You should see the finish now - easily on a par with instruments costing 3 times more.I suspect the Jade instruments will go the same way.The more i look at the 'antique' finish,the more i like it - well done Jade !,
Ivan;)

MikeEdgerton
Jul-06-2009, 8:25am
Has anyone heard from Bob McRee recently? It appears that he hasn't logged on in a few months.

texasmandolion
Jul-06-2009, 8:58am
Yes, Bob called me a couple of weeks ago. As you can imagine, living in a communist country where the government monitors everything. The internet gets shut down on a regular basis.

texasmandolion
Jul-06-2009, 9:43am
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=127&pictureid=3221

Here is a picture of my Jade (Bonnie) Notice the finish is very slick, not like my prototype at all. The finish work is as good as I have ever seen (on any priced mandolin)!
Every time I play it, it just amazes me how much craftsmanship and quality not to mention attention to detail.
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=127&pictureid=3221

Bill Snyder
Jul-06-2009, 10:02am
That birdseye is something else. Looks really nice.

neal
Jul-06-2009, 2:58pm
Bob's not answering emails right now. Anyone know anything about that? I'm interested in one of the newer F4 styles.

That's got to be the first time ever for personal build photos from a workshop in China of Texas' Jade. Pretty durn cool.

Tracy Tucker
Jul-06-2009, 4:09pm
[QUOTE=neal;686737]Bob's not answering emails right now. I'm interested in one of the newer F4 styles. [QUOTE]

Contact Ed Dye; he has regular conversations with Bob. :) aewdye@camalott.com 325-698-0487

Tracy Tucker
Jul-06-2009, 4:10pm
txmandolin, what a beauty! You must be absolutely tickled with it.

neal
Jul-06-2009, 4:53pm
Thanks Tracy.

Tracy Tucker
Jul-06-2009, 5:15pm
You're welcome, Neal! Happy to help others find their way to such great instruments.

texasmandolion
Jul-06-2009, 10:14pm
Thanks Bill, I think it turned out awesome!!!
Thanks Tracy, I am tickled pink!!!

We had a pickin at Ed's the other night, after about 20 min. or so it seems to really open up and sounded even better. Not sure if it was the room or I had not noticed how even the tone was across the spectrum.

Hans_k
Jul-07-2009, 8:53am
Wow, your Jade looks amazing, very nice! And I know how a Jade sounds. Mine is getting better every week and she already sounded great when she arrived. Your armrest looks very comfortable as well. Congratulations!

Tracy Tucker
Jul-07-2009, 9:23am
I think mine has opened up... when I was playing last night it was noticeably louder than before! Lovin' every minute of it, and it's gorgeous to boot!

texasmandolion
Jul-07-2009, 6:30pm
Thanks, I made the arm rest and I made it to put your arm more in pick position (very comfortable). I make them out of Ebony, Brazilian Rosewood and Burled Mesquite. I really don't advertise, but do sell them on occasion.
I get $40.00 for them. Also, I don't use cork on the contact points where it meets the instrument. I use fine leather, it seems to not damage the finish like cork does.

skipdog
Nov-08-2012, 9:57pm
I had this mando and gave it to a friend in Chicago. #25 A-5 or J-12 I got it from a gal in Georgia.