PDA

View Full Version : Selling a tenor?

Griffis
Mar-16-2008, 6:27pm
Hello, All. Let me preface this by saying that I do not know what the moderators allow on this forum as far as selling. I do not want to breach any protocols.

I am selling a tenor guitar on eBay and am wondering if I can post the eBay item # in the classifieds section of this site or put the item # here in the TG forum.

If this is not kosher, please let me know, or let me know if it is acceptable to do this.

If it is not, I would like to apologize and point out to the mods that I only mean to ask what the parameters are of selling on the forum and haven't given a price, description, item # or link.

I do not want to cause any trouble or get in any trouble.

Thanks!

PS (on edit): I just noticed the Posting Guidelines on the Classifieds section and realize it is not acceptable to list an item in the classifieds if it is being sold on eBay.

Sorry, moderators! This will not happen again. In the future I will refer to the guidelines before listing anything in the Classifieds or brining this up in a discussion. Let's consider this conversation over. Please remove this post if warranted.

Thanks again.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-16-2008, 8:27pm
No need to remove it we just ask that you don't list it both places.

Mike Buesseler
Mar-20-2008, 2:09pm
Mike, does that mean Griffis could give us the eBay number here? If not, there's not much point in even mentioning it, unless his username is the same here as eBay...

JEStanek
Mar-20-2008, 2:49pm
From the guidelines (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=23;t=13100)

Refrain from using the message board as a point of selling items to others or for the purpose of discussing or linking to items you are selling. Please limit selling activities to the Classifieds section of this web site or other external locations.

We have sections like Bowlbacks of Note and Flatbacks of note where e-bay auctions are referenced but not by the seller. I would say since the cat is out of the bag on this one, if you want the number PM Griffis for it.

Jamie