PDA

View Full Version : Missoula, MT Area?

Carpcatcher
Feb-04-2004, 3:56pm
Are there any regular jam sessions that anyone knows of in the Missoula, Montana area?

Thanks, Carp

John Rosett
Feb-04-2004, 5:02pm
hey carp!
there is the weekly bluegrass session at the "top hat" on front street. it's on tuesday night from 7-10 pm. then the band "pinegrass " plays. if you haven't seen these guys, you should. they are a group of very good musicians.
other than that, i don't know. i've lived in missoula for over 7 years, and it just doesn't seem to be a jam session town. there are a ton of really good musicians here, jazz, blues, country, bluegrass, but if they're getting together and jamming, they sure ain't telling me. you might try putting up some notices at music stores like stringed instrument division, esp, or greg boyd's.
good luck, john

Ron C
Feb-04-2004, 5:08pm
Hey Carp, check on MRBA website there in the Missoula area, they will help you. They have a up and going bunch of grasser's there now and jam very frequently all over the Bitterroot Valley. Or email Raynae at blugrssmom@aol.com .. she is past President of the Montana Rockies Bluegrass Association .. good luck .. Ron http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Carpcatcher
Feb-06-2004, 2:55pm
Thanks for the info. How big of a crowd shows up for the "Top Hat" jam?

Potosimando
Feb-06-2004, 8:46pm
If you are after something other than bluegrass, then you could touch base with Greg Boyd (through Greg's website at www.gregboyd.com). Greg certainly knows who's around Missoula and what they're doing...and when. Nice fellow who certainly will tell you all he knows--and then some.