PDA

View Full Version : Lark in the morning tenor guitars

Cary Fagan
Feb-24-2008, 8:13pm
They're not too expensive. They seem to have bigger bodies (louder)? The make solid and laminate tops. Anyone try one?

Jeff Hildreth
Feb-24-2008, 8:26pm
Very #very #carefully read their return policy

go to the yahoo tenor guitar forum and get some advice there.

good luck

JeffD
Feb-24-2008, 10:48pm
A couple of months ago I purchased a Lark in the Morning tenor guitar, used. It is the solid top variety.

Being my first tenor guitar, I don't have much to compare it to. I love the sound, and it is very playable.

For now, as I explore the tenor guitar and more hitherto unheardof possibilities of tuning in fifths, I think the Lark is just right. I have no complaints.

As I get better, I will probably go to a smaller bopdy size, however. Coming from a mandolin background I just can't get used to the guitariness of it.

Oh, no, let me be the first to say it - TGAS! Yikes!

JeffD
Mar-03-2008, 12:46am
Has anyone played the Lark in the Morning tear drop tenor guitar. It looks interesting.

EdSherry
Mar-14-2008, 6:19pm
I live just across the Bay from the Lark in the Morning retail shop in San Francisco. #I've had a chance to inspect many of their LITM-brand products first-hand. #Some are quite good. #(I have a couple of all-solid-woods LITM OMs and citterns, handmade for LITM in the US by a fellow named Nathan Sweet back in the late '70s or early '80s, that are quite nice. #But he hasn't made for LITM for many years.) #

Others are far less so. #Personally, I'd stay away from buying one of their house-brand instruments unless I had an opportunity to play it in person.

JeffD
Apr-10-2008, 11:31pm
LIM says their tear drop tenor guitar is based on a 1930s Lyon & Healy tenor guitar. Has anyone ever seen the L&H original? I am interested in that shape.

allenhopkins
Apr-11-2008, 1:34pm
Here's a picture of one. (http://www.dulcimers.com/guitar.html)

kww
May-29-2008, 9:00pm
My tear-drop tenor just arrived in the mail this week. I'm happy with it, and posted pictures in appropriate threads.