PDA

View Full Version : Axl cast tail peice from the mandolin store

hungry mountain boy
Feb-21-2008, 3:07pm
I've heard nothing but good things on the board here about Dennis at the mandolin store, I contacted them a while back about the AXL cast tail peice for $39.99, they said it was a quality product. I decided to order one, just now. Now I'm curious about any others that have used one or have even seen one up close. Seems like a good deal and the holes line up to standard tailpeice holes according to the item description. Thanks. Glenn Hurley

hungry mountain boy
Feb-27-2008, 9:00am
I got the cast tail peice monday and put in on late that night. Played it some yesterday evening. To me it is a quality tail peice, looks nice, is solid and heavier than I thought it was going to be from the picture on the web site. I'm glad I bought it, it looks nice. It seems to have altered the tone just a hair, most probably would not hear it, or at least most non-mandolin players, and I don't think the change is necessarily an improvement, but just that it is different. It might be a tad louder too, but I'm not sure about that, and that may be a placebo affect or the power of suggestion. Anyway the tail peice suits me, my budget, and is approprite for a $1000.00 mandolin, (J. Bovier). Thanks. Glenn Hurley