PDA

View Full Version : F-style tenor guitar on the bay

Greg Stec
Apr-15-2007, 8:17am
Open for suggestions from the brain trust on the board....

There is a tenor guitar with a mandolin F-style body and head up for grabs there. #I think it would look better as a OM. #What questions do I need to ask the seller (in England, btw) other than the length of the fretboard and total length of the instrument?

Greg

Bill Snyder
Apr-15-2007, 10:29am
Scale length, which is not the length of the fretboard but is the distance between nut and bridge.

Jim Garber
Apr-15-2007, 10:58am
You can determine scale length by measuring nut to 12th fret and doubling it. That way you have no problem if the bridge is placed incorrectly or misplaced altogether.

Jim

Martin Jonas
Apr-15-2007, 4:25pm
This is a Soarses'y tenor guitar -- there have been a few discussions here of their instruments. These are very cheap instruments when bought new, so be careful that you don't overpay. You may want to check their homepage here (http://www.infolinkmiami.com/soaresy/index.html) and see whether it would make more sense to get it new rather than go for the vagaries and cost of international shipping of a used instrument.

Mind you, they don't seem to have this particular model on their web site, so maybe they don't make it any more.

Martin

Greg Stec
Apr-16-2007, 11:26am
Martin,
Thanks! #I've been trying to find their URL. #The obvious queries in google just weren't working for me.

Bill Snyder
Apr-22-2007, 10:43pm
Mind you, they don't seem to have this particular model on their web site, so maybe they don't make it any more.

Martin
They do have it pictured on their homepage even though it is not in their catalog.