PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bush Gibson F-5

farmer2
Jun-16-2004, 12:10pm
What are your thoughts on the wider neck, both pros and cons. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Mike McCoy
Jun-16-2004, 12:37pm
I played one at FQMS last week and I really liked the wide neck and the string spacing. I have hand problems and it seemed to be easier on my left hand especialy fretting.

WireBoy
Jun-16-2004, 8:54pm
i give the wider neck an enthusiastic Thumbs UP ! #i tried one or two Gibson F5 styles over the years and the standard 1 1/8 neck stopped me. #my fingers would dampen neighboring strings. #

A month or so ago i tried a Gibson yet again ( more to confirm that sadly i would never be able to play a Gibson cleanly). #But this time It WORKED ! #did i find a mutant Gibson? #had my fingers shrunk? #No, It was just the Sam Bush Model, with the standard 1 3/16 fingerboard.

#The pro for me is Gibson heritage and quality can now be obtainable what with the Sam's easy playability.

#The con is i have to choose which of my 2 children i want to go to college.

goose 2
Jun-16-2004, 10:36pm
I had a Bush. I traded it mostly because I did not like the wider neck. It gave me left hand pain. I had played too many years with the standard neck. I will say that that instrument was one of the the most powerful/cutting mandolin with a fantastic tone that nearly anyone would die for.

Bradley
Jun-17-2004, 12:01am
I had a bush about a year ago.Loved the Neck and found it very easy to get used to.However I hated them big squares (inlays)in the neck with a passion..therefore sent him down the road.....But again the quality was great as well as the sound.And if youve got big hands you'll probably like the Bush